Palliative Medicine Physician
The Department of Palliative Medicine, at Ochsner Medical Center New Orleans is seeking a FELLOWSHIP TRAINED PALLIATIVE MEDICINE PHYSICIAN to join our expanding team.
- Candidates must be fellowship trained in Hospice and Palliative Medicine.
- Prior experience as an educator and teacher is highly desired.
- Salary offered will be commensurate with experience and training.
- Responsibilities will include academic clinical activities and supervising trainees at various levels as well as providing direct patient care.
- Teaching opportunities for a large Internal Medicine training program and involvement with 3rd and 4th year medical students from the Ochsner Clinical School.
- Assist in growth and development activities, educational opportunities, supervision of palliative care mid-level providers, and clinical services. Future plans include the development of an outpatient practice and a fellowship training program in palliative medicine.
- Join a department that currently employs five physicians, two full-time advanced practice nurses and a full-time social worker with representation from spiritual care and other hospital services to provide patient-centered care.
Ochsner Health System is Louisiana’s largest non-profit, academic, healthcare system. Driven by a mission to Serve, Heal, Lead, Educate and Innovate, coordinated clinical and hospital patient care is provided across the region by Ochsner's 40 owned, managed and affiliated hospitals and specialty hospitals, and more than 100 health centers and urgent care centers. Ochsner is the only Louisiana hospital recognized by U.S. News & World Report as a “Best Hospital” across three specialty categories caring for patients from all 50 states and more than 70 countries worldwide each year. Ochsner employs nearly 25,000 employees and over 4,500 employed and affiliated physicians in over 90 medical specialties and subspecialties, and conducts more than 700 clinical research studies. Ochsner Health System is proud to be a tobacco-free environment. For more information, please visit ochsner.org and follow us on Twitter and Facebook.For more information and to apply Click Here
Sorry, no J1 visa opportunities.
Ochsner is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Apply for Palliative Medicine Physician
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly