STAFF PHYSICIAN-ADMIN MED CHIEF
- Position Type
- United States Citizenship: Non-citizens may only be appointed when it is not possible to recruit qualified citizens in accordance with VA Policy.
- Degree of doctor of medicine or an equivalent degree resulting from a course of education in medicine or osteopathic medicine.
- The degree must have been obtained from one of the schools approved by the Department of Veterans Affairs for the year in which the course of study was completed.
- Current, full and unrestricted license to practice medicine or surgery in a State, Territory, or Commonwealth of the United States, or in the District of Columbia.
- Completion of residency training, or its equivalent, approved by the Secretary of Veterans Affairs in an accredited core specialty training program leading to eligibility for board certification.
- Proficiency in spoken and written English.
- Physical requirements outlined below.
Preferred Experience: Board certification or eligibility in Occupational, Preventive, and/or Aerospace Medicine.
Experience in Occupational, Preventive, and/or Aerospace Medicine. Reference: VA Regulations, specifically VA Handbook 5005, Part II, Appendix G-2 Physician Qualification Standard. This can be found in the local Human Resources Office.
Selectee should be physically and mentally capable to perform the duties of the position including examinations, formulate the diagnosis and treatment plan. Physical activities include sitting, standing (up to 4 hours) walking (up to 2 hours), heavy lifting (45 pounds or over), reaching above the shoulder, and repeated bending. The incumbent should be emotionally and mentally stable; and capable to perform the duties of the position. For additional information on Physical Standards please see VA Directive and Handbook 5019.
Apply for STAFF PHYSICIAN-ADMIN MED CHIEF
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly