Chief of Staff (Physician)
- Position Type
- United States Citizenship: Non-citizens may only be appointed when it is not possible to recruit qualified citizens in accordance with VA Policy.
- Degree of doctor of medicine or an equivalent degree resulting from a course of education in medicine or osteopathic medicine. The degree must have been obtained from one of the schools approved by the Department of Veterans Affairs for the year in which the course of study was completed.
- Current, full and unrestricted license to practice medicine or surgery in a State, Territory, or Commonwealth of the United States, or in the District of Columbia.
- Completion of residency training, or its equivalent, approved by the Secretary of Veterans Affairs in an accredited core specialty training program leading to eligibility for board certification.
- Proficiency in spoken and written English.
- Physical requirements outlined below.
- A relocation incentive may be paid to federal employees who physically relocate; a recruitment incentive may be paid to newly appointed federal employees.
- Reimbursement for travel and relocation expenses authorized.Newly appointed federal employees will be entitled to receive reimbursement for enroute transportation for self and family; per diem for self; shipment of household goods and temporary storage of household goods for up to 90 days.
Transferring federal; employees will be entitled to receive reimbursement for enroute transportation and per diem for self and family; shipment of household goods; temporary storage of household goods for up to 90 days; limited real estate and relocation services NOTE 1:
Announcement amended 11/16/2018, to include Dental Qualifications to the Chief of Staff Announcement according to VHA Handbook 5005, Part II, Appendix G3, Paragraph c(4). Reference: VA Regulations, specifically VA Handbook 5005, Part II, Appendix G-2 Physician Qualification Standard. This can be found in the local Human Resources Office.
Physical Requirements: Satisfactory physical examination as determined by the Employee Health Unit upon appointment only. See VA Directive and Handbook 5019 ( http://vaww1.va.gov/ohrm/HRLibrary/Dir-Policy.htm ). Functional requirements include moderate lifting (15-44 lbs.); moderate carrying (15-44 lbs.); walking and standing and standing for 2 to 4 hours; Both legs required; Both eyes required ability to distinguish basic colors; ability to distinguish shades of color; ability for rapid mental and muscular coordination simultaneously; (hearing aid permitted).
Apply for Chief of Staff (Physician)
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly