Anesthesiology Practice Opportunity
- Position Type
Ochsner Health System is seeking a BC/BE ANESTHESIOLOGIST to join our team at OCHSNER MEDICAL CENTER WEST BANK in a close suburb of New Orleans.
- Great group of 7 MDs and 10 CRNAs with a terrific working relationship
- Requires team player committed to developing good relationships with our surgeons, nurses and medical staff
- Physicians with experience or directly from training are welcome to apply if BC/BE in Anesthesiology
- Community practice at a smaller hospital plus a modicum of academic training (medical students and occasional Anesthesia residents from the academic programs at Ochsner's larger urban campus)
- Diverse case mix: Orthopedics, General Surgery, OB/GYN, Urology, Healthy Pediatrics, ENT, Endoscopy, Spine, Vascular and occasional Thoracic. No cardiac or craniotomies
- Regional blocks for Orthopedic cases
- Base salary, annual bonus (based on system-wide performance), and moonlighting if interested
- Good vacation and CME
- Call is split evenly among the 7 physicians and is taken in hospital. CRNAs are called in for cases
- Hospital is 8 miles from downtown New Orleans in Gretna, LA
Ochsner Medical Center West Bank is a 180-bed hospital recognized by Healthgrades for numerous Five-star ratings, Specialty Excellence Awards, and its departments are among the top 5% and 10% in the nation by the Healthgrades 2018 Report. Ochsner Health System is Louisiana's largest non-profit, academic healthcare system with 30 owned, managed and affiliated hospitals and more than 80 health centers and urgent care centers. Our mission is to Serve, Heal, Lead, Educate and Innovate. Ochsner is the only Louisiana hospital recognized by U.S. News and World Report as a "Best Hospital" across three specialty categories caring for patients from all 50 states and more than 60 countries worldwide each year.
New Orleans is one of the most exciting and vibrant cities in America. The city is famous for its major universities, professional sports teams, world-class dining, and music.For more information and to apply Click Here
Sorry, no J-1 visa opportunities
Ochsner is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Apply for Anesthesiology Practice Opportunity
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly