- Position Type
Dedicated Pulmonologist – Summa Health - Akron, Ohio
Summa Health is seeking board certified/eligible Pulmonologist to join our employed physician group, Summa Physicians, Inc. Critical care and/or pulmonary sleep medicine mixed with Pulmonology is also an option. The selected candidate will join a team of 10 critical care/pulmonary medicine physicians.
Opportunities: Endobronchial ultrasound (EBUS); Electromagnetic Navigation Bronchoscopy (ENB), growing pulmonary lung nodule program, PFT reading.
The selected candidate will become a member of Summa Physicians, Inc., a multi-specialty group practice of 300+ physicians employed by the Summa Health System. Summa Health – headquartered in Akron, Ohio – is one of the largest integrated Healthcare Delivery Systems in the state. With 2 hospitals and 20 health centers, Summa Health provides access to care throughout the region.
- ABIM board certification – board certified or eligible
- Fellowship trained in pulmonary medicine or pulmonary/critical care
- Ohio licensure or willingness to obtain
- Mix of inpatient and outpatient responsibilities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Commitment to quality care in a patient centered, team-based environment
- Employed position
- Competitive salary and benefits
- A percentage of critical care or pulmonary sleep medicine can be accommodated
- Flexible schedule
- Critical Care physician is onsite at the hospital 24/7
- Full mid-level support staff including an advanced practice provider
- NEOMED affiliated – potential academic appointment
- Teaching program with residents and fellows rotating through as well as med students
- Epic System’s EMR
Rising from the rolling hills of the Western Reserve along the Ohio & Erie Canal, Akron is located within 500 miles of 42 major cities, and surrounded by thousands of acres of national parkland and countryside. As a thriving heartland city Akron provides an ideal living and working environment. The vitality of its people and the unparalleled quality of life offers versatility, a low cost of living, outstanding cultural access and a thriving climate for healthcare, education and business. The downtown hosts a vibrant arts scene and eclectic dining options. Northeast Ohio offers many quality primary and secondary education options.
EOE/AA Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled.
Summa Health is a tobacco-free workplace and has a nicotine-free hiring policy.
Apply for Dedicated Pulmonologist
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly