- Position Type
Maternal-Fetal Medicine – Summa Health – Akron, Ohio
Summa Health is seeking board certified/board eligible Maternal Fetal Medicine specialist to join our employed physician group, Summa Health Medical Group.
The selected candidate will become a member of Summa Health Medical Group, a multi-specialty group practice of 350+ physicians employed by the Summa Health System.
Summa Health – headquartered in Akron, Ohio – is one of the largest integrated Healthcare Delivery Systems in the state. With 2 hospitals and 20 health centers, Summa Health provides access to care throughout the region.
- Board Certified/Board Eligible in Maternal Fetal Medicine
- Unrestricted Ohio Licensure or willingness to obtain
- 4-5 day work week available, allowing for a positive work/life balance
- Willingness to work in Akron, the surrounding communities
- Must be comfortable teaching and working with residents
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Commitment to quality care in a patient centered, team-based environment
- Employed position offering competitive compensation and comprehensive benefit package
- New state of the art Women’s Center (including Labor & Delivery) currently being built on Akron Campus with estimated completion Summer 2019
- 5 brand new GE ultrasound machines on site & AS Software ultrasound reporting system
- Pure Maternal Fetal Medicine Consultative Practice
- No in house call; OBGYN hospitalists provide 24/7 coverage
- Large, stable, established referral group of providers with excellent advanced practice and midwife support
- Integrated model of care including Cardiology, Pulmonary Medicine, Critical Care, and more
- Active involvement in medical student and resident education
- Cover high-risk resident clinic
- Academic appointment at Northeast Ohio Medical University, commensurate with experience
- AIUM Certification
Rising from the rolling hills of the Western Reserve along the Ohio & Erie Canal, Akron is a vital heartland city at the center of multiple major transportation routes and only 40 minutes from Cleveland. Akron is surrounded by lush greenery and adjacent to Cuyahoga Valley National Park. In 2015, Forbes Magazine named Akron, Ohio as one of America’s 20 most affordable cities. The downtown hosts a vibrant arts scene and world class shopping. Northeast Ohio offers many quality primary and secondary education options. EOE/AA Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled.
EOE/AA Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled.
Summa Health is a tobacco-free workplace and has a nicotine-free hiring policy.
Apply for Maternal-Fetal Medicine
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly