Anesthesiologist Faculty - University of Minnesota
- Position Type
About the Job
The Department of Anesthesiology at the University of Minnesota Medical School seeks multiple full-time ABA board certified or eligible for certification anesthesiologists. The successful candidate will practice at the University of Minnesota Medical Center and other affiliated sites. Positions available in critical care, pediatrics, and general anesthesia.
Academic rank, compensation and appointment track will be based on qualifications and experience. Academic time will be used to pursue scholarly work in the candidate’s area of teaching or research depending upon hiring track. Academic faculty will be active in their national organizations and foster an academic environment for medical students, residents, and faculty. Candidates must have demonstrated ability in teaching and in scholarly productivity in one or more specialty areas in anesthesiology. More information about the department can be found at https://www.med.umn.edu/anesthesiology.
Minimum requirements are an M.D or equivalent degree, eligibility for a medical license in the State of Minnesota, board certified or board eligible in anesthesiology, completion of an ACGME-accredited pathology residency training. Candidates must have demonstrated ability in teaching and in scholarly productivity in one or more specialty areas in anesthesiology.
Location – Minneapolis, MN
The University of Minnesota is located in the Twin Cities of Minneapolis and St. Paul. The quality of life in the Twin Cities is very high with multiple regions in the area consistently ranked as some of the best places to live in the US. The Twin Cities is the 16th largest metro area in the US, with a population of approximately 3.3 million people. The Minneapolis-St. Paul area is the 2nd largest economic center in the Midwest. The presence of the corporate headquarters for companies such as Medtronic, 3M, General Mills, Target, US Bancorp, Xcel Energy and Ameriprise Financial provides a growing economy with great job opportunities for a candidate’s spouse or family.
- Minneapolis metropolitan area is known for excellent public schools, and Minneapolis is 3rd most literate city according to USA Today
- Minneapolis 4th Best in Nation for Health Care according to the Commonwealth Fund
- Monster.com ranks Minneapolis as 4th best for career advancement
- Minneapolis is one of America's cleanest cities according to a top travel deals publisher
- Minnesota ranks 3rd for quality of life in the U.S. according to Minnesota Public Radio
- Minnesota leads in VC for health care startups according to PR Newswire
- Twin Cities best placed in U.S. to find employment according to Finance & Commerce
- MSP Airport is #1 Best Airport in America according to Leisure and Travel Magazine
To apply for this position go to https://humanresources.umn.edu/jobs and go to search postings and enter the requisition #319644. Please upload a cover letter, a CV, a one-page career goal statement and the name and contact information for three references. Your application will not be considered until all components of the application are complete. Review of applications is ongoing, and the position will remain open until the posting is removed.
The University of Minnesota is an Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer.
Apply for Anesthesiologist Faculty - University of Minnesota
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly