Clinical Faculty Physician – Specialty: Psychiatry
This non-tenure track faculty physician position will provide direct patient care at the University of Houston College of Medicine Community Health Center. Additionally, this physician will contribute to the educational mission of UH College of Medicine through facilitation of problem-based learning sessions and didactic sessions for medical students. This position will enjoy dual appointments to the clinical and academic departments and report directly to the Chairpersons of the Clinical Sciences and Behavioral and Social Science Departments. Specific duties include the following:
Direct Patient Care (30% Effort)
- Evaluate, treat, and consult on the behavioral health care of child and adult patients in the UH College of Medicine Community Health Center.
- Provide input for the development of behavioral health and other clinical protocols and guidelines.
- Contribute to quality improvement initiatives in UH College of Medicine Community Health Center.
- Collaborate with other medical and behavioral health providers at UH College of Medicine Community Health Center.
- Participate in community outreach activities.
Educational Mission (70% Effort)
- Contribute to Problem Based Learning Sessions in the Physicians, Patients and Populations Course.
- Contribute to Didactic and Problem Based Learning Sessions in the Basic Sciences courses including Behavioral Medicine.
- Precept medical students in the UH College of Medicine Community Health Center.
- Serve on UH College of Medicine educational committees.
- Collaborate on scholarly projects and grant opportunities.
- Contribute curriculum development in the areas of behavioral health, primary care, health promotion, and addressing the social determinants of health.
Full-Time: 1 FTE
- Medical Licensure in the State of Texas
- Medical degree from an accredited allopathic or osteopathic college of medicine
- Board certification in Psychiatry
- Experience documenting with an electronic medical record
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office
- Experience teaching medical students and residents
- Experience contributing to quality improvement projects
- Experience with provision of care both pediatric and adult patients
- Experience implementing evidence-based approaches to care
- Bilingual in Spanish, Vietnamese, Arabic, or Chinese
Academic rank of Clinical Assistant Professor, Clinical Associate Professor, or Clinical Professor will be determined by the University of Houston College of Medicine Faculty Appointment Promotion and Tenure Committee.
Salary commensurate with academic achievements and experience.
For additional information, and to apply, please visit https://uhs.taleo.net/careersection/ex2_uhf/jobdetail.ftl?job=FAC000916&tz=GMT-06%3A00.
Houston is the nation’s fourth largest city that offers a great quality of life that includes affordable housing options in excellent school districts, world-class arts, pro sports, award-winning cuisine and employment opportunities in numerous industries throughout the region.
The University of Houston is located in close proximity to the Texas Medical Center, which is home to The MD Anderson Cancer Center, UT Medical School, Michael E. DeBakey Veteran’s Administration Medical Center, and Baylor College of Medicine, among other institutions. This environment is rich in potential for numerous collaborative opportunities.
The University of Houston is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action institution. Minorities, women, veterans and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. Additionally, the University prohibits discrimination in employment on the basis of sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression.