Leading Healthcare system in East Central Illinois seeks Thoracic Oncology Physician
- Position Type
The leading healthcare system in east Central Illinois, Carle is a stable, vertically-integrated not-for-profit network of healthcare services that includes 425+ physician Carle Physician Group and Carle Foundation Hospital, a 393-bed Level I Trauma Center with Level III perinatal services. Locally owned and physician led, Carle Physician Group has 14 branch offices in nine communities and serves a patient population of more than 1.4 million.
Carle Foundation Hospital is excited to add a Thoracic Surgeon to Carle Cancer Center in Urbana, Illinois. Carle Cancer Center is the home of Stephens Family Clinical Research Institute with an existing opportunity to support investigator-initiated studies. In addition, Carle Cancer Center has a close collaboration with the University of Illinois Basic Science Cancer Center in Urbana, Illinois.
Highlights of the position include:
- This is a golden opportunity to be the only thoracic oncologic surgeon in a catchment area of 1.5 million and establish yourself as the area leader in thoracic oncologic care.
- Primary focus will be on oncological surgical management of patients with lung and esophagus cancers, thymus tumors, interventional bronchoscopy, with some benign foregut surgery cases.
- Carle currently has two (2) Da Vinci Robots and is committed to staying at the forefront of technological advances in medicine.
- The incoming physician will have the full support of Carle to build a practice and support staff to their specifications. In addition, physician feedback is highly valued in every operational aspect of the practice.
- Excellent benefit package: health/dental/life insurance, 403-B plan with employer match, LTD, relocation allowance, CME allowance, and paid malpractice insurance with 100% tail insurance covered.
Enjoy the many amenities and a comfortable cost of living in vibrant Champaign and Urbana, Illinois. With a combined population of around 122,000, Champaign-Urbana is home to the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, a world-renowned university with a vast array of educational, cultural and athletic facilities, opportunities and events.
A area heralded by Forbes and the New York Times as a possible “next Silicon Valley”, Champaign-Urbana is the birthplace of YouTube, Tesla, PayPal, and Mozilla. The community offers something for everyone, from Big 10 athletics to performances at The Krannert Center for the Performing Arts, Parkland College Theatre, The Station Theater or the historic Virginia Theatre (which hosts the annual Roger Ebert Film Festival). Visual art enthusiasts may visit the Krannert Art Museum and Kinkhead Pavilion, the second largest art museum in Illinois. Eighty local parks provide opportunities for fishing, boating, camping, and hiking. Along with these opportunities for entertainment and community engagement, Champaign-Urbana is less than three hours from Chicago, St. Louis, and Indianapolis.
For additional information regarding this excellent opportunity, please contact:
Senior Search Consultant
Jordan Search Consultants
Corporate Office: 866.750.7231
Apply for Leading Healthcare system in East Central Illinois seeks Thoracic Oncology Physician
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly