- Position Type
Brand (if applicable):
Vice President, Sales
We are looking for a high-performing Sales Manager to help us meet our customer acquisition and revenue growth targets by keeping our company competitive and innovative. This person will be responsible for maximizing our sales team potential by constructing sales plans, and providing leadership, direction and coaching.
- Meet or exceed revenue and sales targets for assigned territory through the leadership of a 9 person sales team.
- Collaborate with sales and business leadership to create a comprehensive business plan to achieve or exceed required revenue and sales goals for overall territory.
- Oversee the development and execution of plans for each sales team member to ensure his/her individual success; prepare direct reports to participate in regular business reviews.
- Hire, train, coach, develop, motivate, review, take necessary corrective action, and retain top sales talent, as applicable.
- Ensure sales team follows the defined Sales Process to develop high-level customer relationships and appropriately represents products to the industry.
- Travel regularly (up to 50-70%) to support sales reps and to drive client success.
- Maintain comprehensive and current knowledge of all sales activities, forecast opportunities and available pipeline.
- Provide regular insight to leadership on sales activities, competitive information, market trends, product opportunities, and customer issues.
- Utilize Salesforce.com to manage all sales activities and reporting.
- Utilize, measure, and track sales enablement tools to ensure team is following sales process and getting the most out of tools available to them.
- Ensure proactive communication with leadership, Product Management, Partnership, Marketing and Engineering for ongoing product development and improvement.
- Keep sales team informed about the business and items influencing their ability and opportunity to perform.
- Manage expenses for team against assigned budget.
- Work with Sales Operation teams to ensure their effective and efficient support of sales and clients.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Sales team comprised of Account Executives, Account Managers, and Account Representatives.
- Required Knowledge, Skills and Attributes
- A successful track record of exceeding sales, revenue, and profit expectations.
- Strong conviction in team and individual growth.
- Solid knowledge and experience of Healthcare sales and marketing, including: sales presentations, pricing models, technology trends, customer buying patterns, budgeting, planning skills, competitive strategies, event sales, etc.
- Demonstrated ability to build successful sales teams through excellent recruitment, development, coaching and performance management skills.
- Passion and flexibility to excel in a team selling environment.
- Strong leadership and people skills, with exceptional business acumen.
- Strong customer orientation and positive, strategic thinker.
- Clearly and effectively, communicate on an individual and team level.
- Exceptional closing, presentation, relationship management and contract negotiation skills.
- Energetic, results-oriented, and a catalyst for change.
- Strategic thinker - must have the ability to uncover business problems/opportunities and recommend solutions to leadership, team members and clients.
- Strong planning, time management, and decision-making skills and the ability to excel in a team environment.
- Ability to read and comprehend industry related materials and publications to maintain up to date information.
- The ability to present to small and large groups.
- Competency in using common software programs, such as MS Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SalesForce.com, Salesloft, Tableau, or other CRMs, etc.
- 3+ years experience managing a digital media sales team that achieved or exceeded sales results.
- Desired Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing or related field.
- 5+ years sales experience in the healthcare and/or recruitment advertising markets.
- Management of a sales team that achieved or exceeded sales results.
Material and Equipment Directly Used
Requires the use of office equipment, including laptop computer with docking station, monitor, keyboard and mouse, handheld device, fax, copier, and telephone.
Working Environment/Physical Activities
Office environment; travel required. Travel requires the ability to transport a laptop and peripherals and handheld device.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of the duties and responsibilities of the job described, nor are they intended to be such a listing of the skills and abilities required to do the job. Rather, they are intended only to describe the general nature of the job as of the date this job description was prepared. Management reserves the right to modify this job in order to meet business needs.
Apply for Sales Manager
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly