- Position Type
Ortho On-Call is a growing Urgent Care enterprise and we are currently recruiting for a Physician/ Medical Director. This position will lead our exceptional team of physicians, physician assistants, and nurse practitioners, and will ensure our teams continue to deliver quality care in a patient-focused setting. Ortho On-Call’s walk-in urgent care clinics are designed specifically to treat acute orthopedic-related injuries and conditions, and is supported by the board-certified physicians and full-service therapies of OrthoVirginia. The successful candidate will be a qualified and compassionate family or sports medicine physician, and must be Board Certified with urgent or emergency care experience.
Along with a collaborative, team-oriented work environment, and the opportunity to work in a friendly, caring environment where patients are treated with respect, our outstanding employment package includes:
- Competitive salary
- 100% outpatient setting
- Professional, collegial environment
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision benefits
- Generous 401(k) incentive plan
- Short-term and long-term disability insurance
- Life insurance
- A company-wide wellness program
- CME benefits
- Paid malpractice
Primary Functions & Accountabilities
- Examine, diagnose and treat patients of all ages for immediate health care needs, as well as provide employer services.
- Urgent care, emergency room or equivalent experience is required.
- Ideal candidates also have Family Practice experience.
- As we are open 362 days a year, weekend and evening shifts will be required.
- Patient satisfaction and quality care are regarded as our key metrics and core values.
- Managing and leading the providers at Ortho On-Call. This will include providing constructive feedback to the clinical teams on performance, attending operational meetings, driving initiatives to achieve efficient and effective results, and overseeing provider schedules.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
Candidate must have experience in:
- Sports injuries
- Sprains & strains
- Slips, trips, falls
- Hand & wrist injuries
- Foot & ankle injuries
- Knee injuries
- Cuts & lacerations
- Back & neck injuries
- Broken bones
- Sports physicals (NOVA & RIC)
- Work-related injuries
- 2+ years Emergency medicine/Urgent Care experience (Required)
- 2+ years Family Practice experience (Required)
- 2+ years Physician experience (Preferred)
- Virginia Medical License (Required)
- DEA License (Required)
- Board Certified (Required)
- Will consider Osteopathic Board certifications. Must have active/current State Medical license.
- Physical health sufficient to meet the ergonomic standards and demands of the position
Pre-Employment background check, drug screen and TB test required for all new hires.
Apply for Physician/Medical Director
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly