System Division Chief, Hospital Medicine
- Position Type
System Chief, Division of Hospital Medicine
Department of Medicine
University of Massachusetts Medical School-Baystate (UMMS-Baystate) and Baystate Health
The University of Massachusetts Medical School-Baystate (UMMS-Baystate) and Baystate Health are seeking a System Chief of Hospital Medicine in western Massachusetts. The System Chief will oversee nearly 100 physicians and 17 Advanced Practice Providers (APPs) in a 4 hospital integrated healthcare system.
The System Chief of Hospital Medicine (SCHM) will be responsible for:
- Managing a seamlessly integrated, multi-site Hospital Medicine program, bringing hospitalists and advanced practitioner providers (APPs) from each system hospital together as one team.
- Clinical, quality, and financial performance of the Baystate Health Hospital Medicine enterprise.
- Nurturing an environment of interdisciplinary collaboration with clinical and administrative partners in the delivery of care.
- Position reports to the Chair, Department of Medicine.
We offer the exceptional, experienced leader a unique opportunity to lead one of the largest integrated hospital medicine programs in the country. This dynamic opportunity will participate in redesigning delivery of care model across four hospitals in western Massachusetts. The successful candidate will work closely with senior leadership to meet organizational goals based on.
- At least 5 years of experience post-training with evidence of progressive management responsibilities and leadership in an academic department
- A strong record of collaboration; must possess the ability to engage a broad base of potential stakeholders to work towards a shared vision
- Academic record consistent with the level of Associate Professor or above at UMMS-Baystate
- Board certified in internal medicine with preference given to those with additional fellowship training and/or MPH or MBA degrees.
- Preference will be given to those who have experience with transitions of care, quality and safety.
QUINTESSENTIAL NEW ENGLAND
The Baystate Health System is located in the heart of the Pioneer Valley. The Valley boasts a lively mix of the old world New England charm and the vibrant energy of the revitalized city of Springfield.
The close proximity to Connecticut and Hartford, its capital, possess additional opportunities for housing, dining, and entertainment. A short drive to the summer home of the Boston Symphony Orchestra, the Boston Pops, and Arcadia Wildlife Sanctuary as well as many multicultural restaurants of Springfield’s vibrant foodie scene. Easy access to major cities such as Boston and New York without the expensive cost of living.
Your weekends can be filled with local shopping, farmers markets, unique restaurants, and trips to big cities, beautiful beaches or scenic mountains.
Our Physicians will tell you the reasons they chose Baystate Health are its unique work environment and culture. Here you are part of a collaborative team that values your expertise and wants you to contribute your ideas and options. Our work is data, quality and performance improvement driven and our providers are encouraged to participate on improvement measure teams. Join us in delivering a higher state of caring at Baystate Health.
Apply for System Division Chief, Hospital Medicine
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly