Executive Medical Director Opportunity
- Position Type
Saint Alphonsus Health Alliance (Alliance) has an excellent Executive Medical Director opportunity for a Board Certified physician to serve as the clinical lead of the Alliance located in Boise, Idaho.
As part of an administrative dyad with Saint Alphonsus Health Alliance's (SAHA) President, the Executive Medical Director serves as the clinical lead of the Alliance and provides counsel to the Alliance's President in relation to clinical matters. The Executive Medical Director provides leadership and administrative oversight to the Alliance's Clinical, Performance Improvement and Credentialing teams and, as such, defines and oversees the execution of the Alliance's clinical, credentialing, network development, performance improvement, and provider engagement activities. The Executive Medical Director serves as the Alliance's primary liaison to the System Office, Saint Alphonsus Health System (SAHS),
Saint Alphonsus Medical Group (SAMG), Alliance provider, payer, employer and other community stakeholder representatives in relation to all clinical matters. The Executive Medical Director serves as the Alliance's administrative lead for, and is a voting member of the Alliance's Provider Networking Committee (PNC) and Quality and Informatics Committee (QIC). The Executive Medical Director supports the Alliance's Board and other committees as necessary and appropriate. The SAHA Executive Medical Director reports directly to the President of SAHA.
Required skills, knowledge, education and experience include:
- Medical degree (i.e. MD, DO) from an accredited university
- Board certification
- Current unrestricted Idaho and/or Oregon license.
- Five years of active medical practice in the field of certification
- Five years of leadership experience in one or more healthcare organization
- Understanding of: provider dynamics and clinical workflows across the care continuum (e.g. hospital-based, practice-based, post-acute, long-term care, etc.); physician-hospital relations and alignment methodologies; and provider dynamics among and between employed and independent providers.
- Demonstrated ability to lead large-scale cultural and organizational change initiatives.
- Strong leadership, motivational, clinical analytic, written and oral communication skills
- Moderate to advanced Microsoft Office suite (e.g. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio) capabilities.
- Strong ability to develop long-term professional relationships.
Preference will be shown to candidates who possess the following:
- Master's degree in Health Care Administration or Business preferred Active medical practice preferred.
- Experience working in a healthcare payer organization preferred.
- Knowledge of: advanced payment models; care management; clinical documentation; clinical integration; managed care; provider credentialing; payer contracting; performance-based incentive programs; performance improvement methodologies (e.g. lean, six sigma, etc.); population health; quality indicators; risk coding; and utilization management. Working knowledge preferred.
Essential functions of this opportunity include:
- Knows, understands, incorporates, and demonstrates the Organizational Mission, Core Values, and Vision in behaviors, practices, policies and decisions.
- As part an administrative dyad with the Alliance's President, serves as the clinical lead of the Alliance and provides counsel to the Alliance's President in relation to all clinical matters.
- Serves as the primary Alliance liaison to System Office, SAHA, SAMG, Alliance provider, payer, employer and other community stakeholder counterparts in relation to all relevant clinical matters, initiatives and programs.
- Provides insight into and oversight for all medical service offerings delivered by the Alliance.
- Provides day-to-day leadership, oversight and guidance to the Alliance Clinical and Performance Improvement via direct reporting relationships.
- Supports the Alliance Clinical and Performance Improvement teams in communicating their resource needs and developing their annual capital and operating budgets.
- Provides insight to the Alliance's President on Alliance Clinical and Performance Improvement team staffing requirements and oversees the recruitment and on-boarding of all new members of these teams.
- Establishes performance expectations and ensures the completion of performance evaluations for Alliance Clinical and Performance Improvement team members.
- Provides patient specific clinical input to the Alliance Clinical Team.
- Provides insight to and supports the Alliance Clinical Team's efforts to advance care management processes.
- Regularly meets with key clinical leaders within the SAHA network including physician leaders and other medical directors.
- Develops and maintains the physician network. Oversees recruitment and credentialing of Alliance providers. Ensures Alliance remains compliant with network adequacy requirements.
- Supports Alliance credentialing team members to assure timely review of applications and appropriate disposition of applicants.
- Ensures for the ongoing engagement and alignment of Alliance providers and practices.
- Regularly meets with physicians and other providers within the Alliance to support the full implementation of SAHA clinical programs and to foster collaboration amongst practices.
- Monitor's Alliance and participating practice performance in relation to key cost, utilization, quality, and care coordination metrics and targets. Establishes and oversees reporting requirements. Ensures for timely and effective communication of performance to System Office, SAHS, SAHA and practice stakeholders.
- Identifies, develops, communicates and monitors compliance with high impact clinical programs, care processes, policies and procedures that support the realization of the Triple Aim for SAHA patient populations.
- Serves as a liaison to and supports the Alliance Board.
- Provides guidance and counsel to the Alliance's President and Provider Networking Committee regarding provider credentialing and practice disposition matters.
- Provides guidance and counsel to the Alliance's President and the Quality and Informatics Committee regarding clinical quality and performance improvement opportunities (e.g. best practices, care coordination, clinical guidelines and pathways, provider education, etc.).
- Serves as the Alliance's primary liaison to legal counsel relation to clinical and credentialing matters and as otherwise necessary.
- Establishes and maintains business relationships with Alliance provider, payer, employers and businesses affiliates as needed.
This is an excellent opportunity to lead an exceptional team at Saint Alphonsus Health Alliance.
An excellent compensation and benefits package is available for the right candidate.
Apply for Executive Medical Director Opportunity
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly