Hospital Medicine Physician
- Position Type
VA Northern California Health Care System Sacramento VA Medical Center
Whether you’re interested in academics, research, or a better work/life balance, you’ll find the VA has a lot to offer, including the unmatched satisfaction you’ll get from caring for those who have served our country.
A VA Medical Center and a major teaching affiliate of UC Davis Medical School with hospital teams including residents and students. Vast majority of clinical time will be spent attending/supervising on the teaching service. Position include up to 20% paid admin time for research, administrative projects, and vacation.
Candidate must be:
- US Citizen
- Board Eligible/Certified in Internal or Family Medicine
- Have full, unrestricted medical license in any state.
- 26 days paid vacation (1 day accrued each pay period upon employment)
- 13 days sick leave (1/2 day accrued each pay period upon employment, no cap)
- 10 paid Federal holidays
- Competitive Salary with Market Pay reviewed biennially for possible increase
- Annual Physician Performance Pay
- Traditional federal pension (5 years' vesting) and federal 401K with up to 5% in contributions by VA
- Outstanding number of health plans from which to choose including vision and dental
- Malpractice protection covered by the Federal government
- CME- 1 week paid authorized absence to attend + after 1 year of employment $1,000 per year stipend toward CME if BC
- No Physician Employment Contract and no significant restriction on moonlighting
Authorized for Education Debt Reduction Program ($200,000 over 5 years) or Recruitment/Relocation Incentive.
Apply for Hospital Medicine Physician
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly