Emergency Medicine Physician
- Position Type
Verde Valley Medical Center - part of Northern Arizona Healthcare is looking for a Emergency Medicine Physician.
Physician will be part of the Physician Group, responsible for providing 24/7 coverage for all patients referred or assigned to the VVMC ED and SMC ED for direct patient injury care and disease diagnosis, treatment and recovery. Physician will provide full-time services (a minimum of 12 regularly scheduled 12-hr shifts per month, up to a maximum of 144 regularly scheduled shifts per year) in accordance with a schedule developed by the ED Medical Director.
In addition to all other duties set forth in the Agreement, Physician will assume the following duties and responsibilities:
- Examination of patients, obtaining medical histories, performing and interpreting diagnostic tests and documenting all service in the patient's EMR.
- Perscribing medication as necessary according to VVMC policy and procedures.
- Ordering necessary tests and follow-up visits and referring patients to specialists as necessary and lead the interdisciplinary team through the continuum of care.
- Providing a positive and caring bedside manner to patients and families to contribute to VVMC patient excellence expectations.
- Educating patients on wellness and prevention.
- Overseeing transition of care.
- BC/BE in Emergency Medicine-Preferred
- All medical training post medical school in the United States-Required
Apply for Emergency Medicine Physician
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly