Instructor/Assistant Professor (Open Rank)
- Position Type
Instructor/Assistant Professor (Open Rank) - 12800
University of Colorado – School of Medicine
The Division of Endocrinology, Metabolism & Diabetes is looking to hire a full-time 1.0 FTE open rank faculty position. Depending on experience and background this position could be Instructor or Assistant Professor.
This position reports directly to Bryan Haugen, MD, Head of the Division of Endocrinology, Metabolism & Diabetes.
This is a clinician-educator position in the Division of Endocrinology. The primary responsibility is outpatient care for patients with all types of endocrine disorders, with a likely major focus on diabetes. However, the applicant should be comfortable with all endocrine disorders. Inpatient call and attending duties would be 2-4 weeks a year.
Other responsibilities would include teaching of medical students, residents and fellows. There is an expectation of scholarly activity as well.
Your duties in this faculty position will include clinical service, teaching and scholarly activity.
Clinical (80%): Some of these clinics will be at the Anschutz Outpatient Pavilion and some might be at the satellite facilities.
- Six to seven half-day Endocrinology clinics a week
- Two to four 2-week blocks on inpatient Endocrine consult service; including possible Glucose Management Team (GMT) coverage
- Teaching of medical students, residents and fellow in classroom and ward settings.
Scholarly activity (10%):
- Attendance at conferences within the division
- Scholarly activity which can include QI projects, clinical trials and writing of articles.
- Prior fellowship training in Endocrinology
- Previous basic or clinical research experience in at least one of the following fields: Endocrinology, Metabolism, Diabetes, weight management, obesity and diet.
- MD/DO board certified in Endocrinology, Metabolism & Diabetes
- Board certified in Internal Medicine
- Board certified or eligible in Endocrinology, Metabolism & Diabetes
- Applicants should be enthusiastic about a career in academic medicine with a strong interest in providing excellent clinical care in the outpatient and inpatient setting. There should be a desire for teaching and writing and an interest in opportunities in clinical research.
Application Materials Required: Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References Application Materials Instructions:
Applications are accepted electronically at https://cu.taleo.net/careersection/2/moresearch.ftl?lang=en, refer to requisition ID: 12800
Apply for Instructor/Assistant Professor (Open Rank)
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly