Director of Patient Case Simulation
- Position Type
i-Human is a leading provider of virtual patient simulation programs which develop and assess cognitive competencies for healthcare students and practitioners.
We seek to improve the quality healthcare worldwide by:
- Providing excellent products, services, and support.
- Improving patient assessment and diagnostic reasoning competencies.
- Positively enhancing patient outcomes in health care
We seek an M.D., D.O., Physician Assistant, or Nurse Practitioner with great clinical experience as well as 5 to 10 years experience as a clinical educator to become a key member of our content team, writing a new generation of simulation cases for medical, nursing, and P.A. students across the U.S. and around the world.
Please note that this position can be Full Time or Part-Time (at least 50% time) and can be performed from home.
- Write original patient simulation encounter content and other IHP educational resources, creating lifelike scenarios that challenge users’ thinking.
- Hire, manage, and review the work of peers/consultants that assist in content development.
- Participate in the design and implementation of multi-institutional educational efficacy research in collaboration with national healthcare professional associations.
- Stay current in advances and innovations in curriculum development and implementation approaches.
- Provide leadership in client implementations, calendar development, best practices for IHP case use, training of faculty and students on the case player and use of analytic data.
- Assist in the expansion of medical media and educational resources.
- Write USMLE / COMLEX style licensure examination questions.
Other professional responsibilities
- Maintain an expert working knowledge of i-Human’s products so as to educate faculty, administrators, and students in their use.
- Maintain awareness of forthcoming features and enhancements and modify support materials to accommodate those enhancements.
- Identify opportunities to improve the quality of IHP products.
- Develop and maintain effective and collegial working relationships with i-Human staff.
- Be a role model for others in promoting the company’s ethics and culture.
- Assist your colleagues in obtaining their goals and objectives.
- MD, DO, PA, or Nurse Practitioner with experience as a practitioner as well as at least 5 years of experience as a faculty member (10 preferred).
- Experience in clinical/medical skills education at multiple levels
- Knowledge of curricular design
- BS or experience in Computer Science, informatics, or related degree beneficial but not required
- Strong organizational skills and ability to multitask well
- Essential ability to effectively communicate both verbally and written
Job Specifics (Location and Salary)
- Remote location (can work from home with appropriate internet connectivity)
- Preferred geographic location is West Coast of United States
- Expected at attend multiple conventions throughout the country as appropriate to be the content expert
- Salary – competitive with that of an Assistant to Associate Professor at a major university or higher as appropriate for credentials