- Position Type
Be inspired, every day. Here, we practice in a leading-edge setting where advanced medicine and compassion are equally valued. Careers at Reading Hospital offer a highly collaborative setting, where individuals from every medical, professional, and service discipline work together to provide patients and their families with an experience beyond compare.
Due to successful growth, Reading Hospital, an award winning 750 bed tertiary care teaching Medical Center of Tower Health, is seeking an Academic Hospitalist to join the Inpatient Faculty group of six physicians who are growing to 11 physicians for the Categorical Internal Medicine Residency at Reading Hospital, Tower Health due to expanding from 2 teaching teams to 4 teams to support growth in medical student education. A faculty appointment is with Drexel University College of Medicine.
Reading Hospital, Tower Health has joined with Drexel University College of Medicine to begin a second campus of a four year medical school at Reading Hospital!
Day shifts are solely in a teaching environment with controlled census based on team size. The four team models include: one team of attending with 2 medical students, one team of attending with senior resident and 2 medical students and two traditional teams of attending, 1 senior resident, 2 interns and 2 to 3 medical students.
Night shifts are admitting shifts in rotation with the Hospitalists with focus of supervising in-patient teaching service which includes supervising resident admissions, resident response to Code blue and rapid response team resident supervision.
Clerkship administrative time includes but is not limited to, medical student teaching, medical student feedback meetings, working with other faculty to develop program innovations as well as personal faculty development and scholarly activity.
Bedside clinical care and teaching involves: 146 total 12 hour shifts annually: 140 day shifts of 12 hours per shift (20 weeks) Monday through Sunday work week block and 6 night shifts of 12 hour shifts annually.
Clerkship administration and teaching: administrative time equivalent to 264 hours of time scheduled on non-clinical blocks annually
- Competitive compensation package
- Comprehensive benefits including health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance
- Retirement savings plan with employer automatic contribution and employer match.
- Malpractice insurance
- Up to $100K in Educational Loan Assistance
- Generous paid time-off allowance
- CME time and money
- Relocation assistance
- H1B Visa & Green Card Support (*does not qualify for J1 Waiver)
- Supportive health system to advance goals
Our Community Provides:
- A lower cost of living when compared to other parts of the state, including a wide variety of beautiful homes at affordable prices
- A variety of living options, including suburban, urban and rural
- A service area population of over 600,000 and growing
- Two local school systems that consistently rank as among the top systems in Pennsylvania
- The community's central location places it close by to an abundance of recreational amenities, professional sporting events, concerts, outstanding dining, fantastic shopping, antique stores, and so much more
- Philadelphia is less than an hour away; Washington DC and New York City are approximately 2.5 hours away
Internal Medicine Board Certification and ACLS certification is required.
Apply for Academic Hospitalist
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly