- Position Type
Physician (Endocrinology) – Franciscan Physician Network – Michigan City, Indiana
Req ID: 5410
ATS URL: https://jobs.franciscanhealth.org/job/Michigan-City-Physician-Endocrinology-IN-46360/409472000/
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
Looking for the opportunity to join an established and dynamic Endocrinology practice, Franciscan Physician Network (FPN) is seeking a Board Certified/Board Eligible Endocrinologist in Michigan City, Indiana - located on the beautiful shores of Lake Michigan, 60 miles southeast of Chicago.
WHAT WE NEED
The physician will work collaboratively with our current team of one endocrinologist, an endocrinology nurse practitioner, RN-CDE, RD and 5 support staff to deliver the highest quality patient care. We have an active program utilizing the latest technologies for treating type 1 diabetes and draw patients from a three-county area. The physician will display exceptional interpersonal skills and the desire to develop strong ties with the community and existing medical staff.
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT
- Flexible Monday-Friday outpatient schedule
- Shared call schedule: 1:4
- Average number of patients seen daily: 15-20
- Inpatient consultations at our brand new Franciscan Health Michigan City hospital
- Certified Diabetes Educator onsite
- Registered Dietician onsite
- EPIC electronic medical record
- Common diagnoses:
- Type 1 Diabetes
- Type 2 Diabetes
- Insulin pumps
- Primary Hyperparathyroidism
- Hyperthyroidism, Hypothyroidism
- Thyroid nodules and thyroid cancer
- Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome
- Pituitary-Adrenal Disorders
WHO WE ARE
Franciscan Physician Network (FPN), a division of FRANCISCAN HEALTH, brings together the many primary care and specialty physician groups associated with Franciscan Health’s hospitals and access points across Indiana and Illinois. FPN includes over 1,000 physicians and advanced practice providers.
With 14 hospitals, Franciscan Health is one of the largest Catholic health care systems in the Midwest. Of our 260+ locations, many are nationally recognized Centers of Health Care Excellence. Franciscan Health takes pride in providing compassionate, comprehensive care for our patients and the communities we serve.
WHAT WE OFFER
At Franciscan Physician Network we strive to create a flexible and realistic work-life balance for our providers. Full- and part-time opportunities are offered with benefits, which could include:
- Competitive compensation, including income guarantee, with bonus incentives
- Generous recruitment bonus program including relocation allowance; commencement and retention packages
- Paid malpractice
- 27 days of Allowed Time Off plus five additional paid days for CME with annual stipend
- Full benefits package, including health, life, dental, vision and legal insurance
- Retirement options, including 403(b), 457(b), 401(a)
- Short- and Long-Term Own Occupation Disability
- Customized marketing support
- Leadership development through board and committee opportunities
For more information, please contact Physician and Provider Services Team at email@example.com or (844) 376-3627.
WHERE WE LIVE
Michigan City is located on the beautiful shores of Lake Michigan in northwest Indiana, a favorite nearby vacation destination for Chicagoans. We are 10 miles from the harbor beach towns of New Buffalo and Union Pier in Michigan, just 35 miles to Notre Dame University and South Bend, and we are 60 miles from Chicago. If you enjoy bicycle riding, craft breweries, wineries, peach and apple orchards and summer farm stands, this is the place for you. Enjoy beaches and lakeside living, or quiet country living, close to a big city!
Explore the Area
Indiana Dunes National Park
Indiana Dunes Beaches and Beyond
Harbor Country, Michigan
Notre Dame, Indiana
Apply for Physician (Endocrinology)
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly