Chief Of Staff Leadership Opportunity
- Position Type
Chief Of Staff Leadership Opportunity- Great Benefits!
POSITION SUMMARY: The Chief of Staff (COS) position is in the Office of the Director at the Atlanta VA Health Care System and reports to the Medical Center Director. The Chief of Staff acts as the liaison between the Director, Executive Leadership Team, Service Chiefs, the VISN Office, VA Central Office, other representatives from the Governmental and Non-governmental agencies/organizations, and the public. The COS provides organizational stewardship, leads change, and builds upon the strengths of our current clinical services by promoting the development of healthcare professionals through counseling, mentoring, teaching, and encouraging self-assessment.
As the physician executive, the COS is actively involved in Atlanta VA Health Care System’s leadership and management of resources, organizational performance improvement, patient and employee satisfaction, environment of care, and strategic planning. Through persuasive and facilitative skills, the COS influences the quality, access to, and effectiveness of all medical programs through either direct line leadership or collaborate relations with Service Chiefs. The COS promotes standards of clinical competence and conduct for staff which are maintained through compliance with the credentialing and privileging processes, monitoring and evaluation of clinical practice, peer review, and other appropriate quality assurance activities.
- Monitors and ensures staff compliance with agency regulations, medical staff by-laws, rules and regulations, VA facility policies, Joint Commission standards and other appropriate regulations and creates an environment of system oriented quality improvement.
- Ensures all Veterans receive high quality, efficient, timely, and appropriate care with the highest professional and ethical standards and quality of care.
- Ensures the highest level of performance by medical staff members through appropriate delineation of clinical privileges, ongoing performance evaluations, orientation, and use of continuous quality improvement practices.
- Completes performance evaluations of assigned service line managers and clinical service chiefs.
- Responsible for standard of medical care and professional integration of services across service lines.
- Responsible for driving a culture of improvement.
RECRUITMENT/RELOCATION INCENTIVES WILL BE AUTHORIZED AT 15% TO A HIGHLY QUALIFIED APPLICANT.
The Department of Veterans Affairs offers Permanent Change of Station (PCS) relocation services. Permanent Change of Station is the relocation of a household due to government convenience in connection with a transfer between duty stations or facilities. For more information go to http://vaww.fscdirect.fsc.va.gov/pcs.asp.
In Atlanta, fine dining, shopping and rich history combine with inspiration-inducing attractions to create a city with Southern charm and world-class sophistication. It’s easy to see why Atlanta, Georgia is one of the most popular destinations in the Southeast to live and to visit. https://www.atlanta.net is the official guide for travelers and locals to discover all things Atlanta.
VA boasts a comprehensive compensation and benefits package (Paid Time-Off, Professional/Personal Insurance Coverage's, 401K, CME, and Retirement, etc.). For more info, click: https://www.vacareers.va.gov/assets/common/print/Physician_Brochure.pdf
Department of Veterans Affairs offers Veterans the largest, most technologically advanced integrated health care system in the United States. We operate more than 1,400 sites of care, including 153 medical centers, 909 ambulatory and community-based outpatient clinics, 135 nursing homes, 232 Veterans centers, 47 readjustment counseling centers, and 108 comprehensive home-care programs, across all 50 states, the District of Columbia, and U.S. Territories. To learn more visit: https://www.vacareers.va.gov/
Apply for Chief Of Staff Leadership Opportunity
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly