Anatomic and Clinical Pathology Physician
- Position Type
Job Description & Requirements
Anatomic and Clinical Pathology Physician in Colorado
- Start date in May or June 2019
- Brand new, 87-bed hospital with academic affiliation
- Independent case review and interpretation in both Anatomic and Clinical Pathology
- Leadership Opportunity in Surgical Pathology
- Significant surgical focus on head and neck, breast, and other forms of cancer
- Oversight of Surgical Pathology and Frozen Section, with sharing of routine and after hours call is expected
- Subspecialized pathologists in all areas of AP and CP, including cytogenetics and molecular diagnostics available for direct, digital or case-based consultation on a daily basis
- Ensure compliance with regulatory agency requirements, including maintenance of College of American Pathologists laboratory accreditation
- Highly competitive salary, a full benefits package, and malpractice insurance
- Board Certified in both Anatomic and Clinical Pathology, fellowship in surgical pathology or subspecialty AP with additional board certification if relevant.
- Minimum of 5 years experience in an AP/CP based practice in either high volume community or academic setting desired. Subspecialty expertise in surgical pathology, as well as frozen sections and cancer pathology/cytopathology desired.
- Candidates must be facile with frozen sections, gross and microscopic anatomic pathology, cytopathology including the ability to perform and interpret FNA.
- Experience in blood banking, core lab, and general Clinical Pathology
- Experience in multidisciplinary team practice, including membership on hospital committees, participation in tumor boards, etc.
- Active Colorado License Strongly Preferred
We are currently scheduling interviews for this position and anticipate it being filled quickly. If this is of interest to you, please submit an inquiry today.
About the Company
Merritt Hawkins, an AMN Healthcare company, is a permanent physician placement service that fills more physician jobs than any other firm. In addition to being the nations leader in physician employment search and consulting services, Merritt Hawkins also recruits and places select allied health professionals. AMN Healthcare is an EEO/AA/Disability/Protected Veteran Employer. We encourage minority and female applicants to apply.
Apply for Anatomic and Clinical Pathology Physician
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly