Anesthesiologist Needed at the VA Medical Center
- Position Type
Contact: Rebecca Keddie, 770-357-2400 ext. 3406 or email@example.com
Location: Milwaukee VA Medical Center, Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Caduceus specializes in staffing civilian healthcare, IT, administrative and scientific professionals for U.S. military and government facilities for short to long term contracts. We continue to build a near decade of success and unmatched growth recently attaining 3 consecutive years on the Inc. 5000 lists and Hispanic Business 100 lists as one of fastest growing businesses nationwide.
We currently have an opening for a full-time Anesthesiologist to work at the Milwaukee VA Medical Center.
- Graduate from a Nationally Accredited Medical Education Program (MD or DO)
- Board Certified by the American Board of Anesthesiology
- Minimum of four (4) years of recent clinical experience
- Active ACLS Certification
- Active BLS Certification
- Active DEA Certification
- U.S. Citizenship or Green Card Holder
Scope of Work
- The contract attending anesthesiologist performs pre-operative and pre-procedural anesthetic risk assessment. Evaluation includes obtaining relevant history, performing physical exam, reviewing vital signs, lab values and all other relevant diagnostic studies prior to surgery. Appropriate notes are written in the patient’s medical record.
- The contract attending anesthesiologist provides direct anesthesia services including the administration of anesthetic agents, performance of procedures including but not limited to peripheral IV placement, arterial catheter placement, central venous catheter placement, and placement of related invasive and non-invasive monitoring devices.
- The contract attending anesthesiologist performs inpatient and outpatient face-to-face consultations and e-consultations as requested.
- The contract attending anesthesiologist provides direct general and regional anesthetic care and supervises Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetists (CRNAs) in provision of anesthesia team care.
- Contract anesthesiologist sites of responsibility include providing patient care in the Operating Room, PACU, Intensive Care Unit, Pain Clinic, IR suite, GI suite, Emergency Department and other locations as required.
- The contract attending anesthesiologist is responsible for providing objective information regarding risks and benefits of relevant anesthetic treatments and securing the informed consent of the patient, legal guardian or next of kin prior to administering said treatments.
- The contract attending anesthesiologist works effectively with patients, families, co-workers, and other health care professionals treating them with respect and dignity.
- The contract attending anesthesiologist provides patient care which is appropriate to the cognitive, emotional, and chronological maturation needs of the adult and/or geriatric patient. He/she must demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patients served within the Surgical Service. The Anesthesiologist must demonstrate the knowledge of the changes associated with aging and possess the ability to provide care based upon age-related factors as specified on the competence assessment checklist.
- The contract attending anesthesiologist is expected to use the best available procedures and to perform them at or above national statistical levels.
This position won’t last long, so for immediate consideration, qualified applicants should submit their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Apply for Anesthesiologist Needed at the VA Medical Center
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly