The Cheyenne WY VA Medical Center is Recruiting for BC/BE General Urologist (P/T), Surgical Opht...
- Position Type
Join Our VA Healthcare Surgical Team at the Cheyenne Wyoming Veterans Affairs Medical Center!
The Cheyenne VA Medical Center (CVAMC) in Cheyenne Wyoming is seeking talented BC/BE Surgeons in Surgical Ophthalmology, Orthopedic Surgery, and Urology to join our Surgical Service Team. The Medical Center at Cheyenne provides primary and secondary inpatient services in medicine and surgery as well as outpatient services in medicine, surgery and psychiatry. Presently, the Medical Center has an operating bed level of 22 hospital beds; 16 medical beds and 6 surgical beds. The Medical Center also supports a 50-bed Nursing Home Care Unit located within the main hospital building. Cheyenne maintains a Regional Office on the grounds of the Center, and Community Based Outpatient Clinics (CBOCs) in Fort Collins and Loveland, Colorado and Sidney, Nebraska. We are affiliated with the University of Wyoming College of Health and Human Services and the University of Northern Colorado Medical School. The Cheyenne VAMC is a learning organization where we are committed to valuing and celebrating diversity in an inclusive model of care, distinguished by the advancement of knowledge and promotion of continuous learning for our current staff as well as residents, medical professional trainees and other individuals who are part of our affiliate programs.
Current Surgical Physician Staff Opportunities:
1. Surgical Ophthalmologist (Full- or Part-Time)
- Residency Trained and BC/BE in Ophthalmology
- Great opportunity for new or recent residency graduate
- Will consider both full-time and part-time physician interest
- Must have Glaucoma and Cataract Experience and/or Fellowship
- Expected annual salary range from $240,000.00 to $270,000.00
2. Orthopedic Surgeon (Full-Time)
- Residency Training and BC/BE in Orthopedic Surgery
- Total Joint, Adult Reconstruction and Shoulder Arthroscopy Qualifications needed
- Expected annual salary range will be from $250,000.00 to - $280,000.00 per year
3. General Urologist (Part-Time)
- Residency Trained and BC/BE in Urology
- Part-Time Schedule, 20-24 hours / 3 days per week
- Ultrasound Guided Prostate Biopsies Experience and Cystoscopy Qualifications needed
- Expected annual salary range will be from $112,500.00 to $125,000.00
General Requirements / Expectations For All Positions:
- Must be US Citizen
- Degree in Allopathic Medicine (MD) or Osteopathic Medicine (DO)
- Current, active US State Medical License to practice medicine or surgery
Cheyenne, Wyoming’s Capital, reflects the natural beauty of the rest of the “Equality State” with wide open spaces and soaring snow-capped mountains that attract many seeking clean, community-sensed, low cost of living and low taxes. The very name Cheyenne conjures up images of cowboys, rodeos and trains around the world. Today's Cheyenne is all of that and more, including the world's largest outdoor rodeo and Western celebration to world class mountain biking, climbing, and camping. Wyoming ranks among the best places to experience some of America’s greatest natural wonders like Yellowstone National Park, Shoshone National Forrest and Grand Teton National Park, to Jackson Hole for some of the best Ski Resorts in the U.S. and Flaming Gorge for some of the most exciting river fly and tailwater fishing. Rated as the third cleanest U.S. City by the American Lung Association, Cheyenne, with a population of little more than 62,000, was also ranked at number five on the 2015 Gallup-Healthways Well-Being Index, making it one of the top states for physical health, sense of community, financial health, social wellbeing and sense of purpose of its residents.
- The VA supports a healthy work-life-family balance by providing Staff with a robust benefits package and fosters an environment where more time is spent on medical practice and less on business tasks. VA does this by offering:
- Paid Time Off in the form of 26 Days paid annual leave, 13 Days paid sick leave per year, 10 Federal holidays with pay, and 5-Day paid absence to attend approved CME courses.
- Insurance to include Health-Dental-Vision care insurance programs to choose from with premiums partially paid by VA; Flexible Spending Accounts; Term life insurance, family, and additional coverage options are available with the cost shared by the Federal Government; and Long-term care insurance available as an option.
- Federal Retirement Plan thru the Federal Employees Retirement System (FERS) - A three-tiered retirement plan composed of 1) Social Security benefits; 2) FERS-FRAE basic benefits (pension); and 3) Thrift Savings Plan (TSP) which is a 401K-type plan.
About the VA:
The Department of Veterans Affairs offers Veterans the largest, most technologically advanced integrated health care system in the United States. We operate more than 1,400 sites of care, including 153 medical centers, 909 ambulatory and community-based outpatient clinics, 135 nursing homes, 232 Veterans centers, 47 readjustment counseling centers, and 108 comprehensive home-care programs, across all 50 states, the District of Columbia, and U.S. Territories.
For more information and to discuss your interests:
Please forward copy of your CV and Cover Letter, summarizing your background, education, training, clinical practice, credentials and interests, to Dave Aragon, VA National Healthcare Recruiter, firstname.lastname@example.org, or call (702) 675-5761.
Apply for The Cheyenne WY VA Medical Center is Recruiting for BC/BE General Urologist (P/T), Surgical Opht...
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly