Post Acute Hospitalist
- Position Type
Our Hospitalist opportunity offers a unique practice which combines managing a wide range of medical and surgery sub-acute patients during their transition to home. The schedule is day shift with flexible hours and minimal night call 1:7 from home.
Once quoted as being "a rehab on steroids", the atmosphere is very similar to a med-surg unit. Working as a Post Acute Hospitalist for Tower Health is NOT like working in a nursing home, and this opportunity offers, in many ways, a more appealing lifestyle than an acute hospitalist position would.
We are seeking physicians who are BC/BE in Internal Medicine.
Responsibilities include coordinating all aspects of care for the Transitional Sub-Acute patients and provide co-management services for the Acute Rehabilitation patients:
- Admit and manage the clinical care of Adult Medicine Service patients on a sub-acute unit
- Comprehensive medical consults with sub-specialists on acute rehab patients
- Coordination of care with primary care physician
- Discharge planning, including ensuring appropriate follow-up is arranged
- Coordination/co-management of care with physiatrist on all of their patients
- Participate in quality improvement activities
- Discussion of end of life preferences
- Inpatient attending for Internal Medicine Residents
- Collaboration with CRNP providers
What We Offer:
- Competitive salary
- Educational Loan Assistance
- Comprehensive benefits, including health, professional liability, disability insurance and retirement
- CME allowance
- Relocation assistance
- H1-B and Green Card Support
- Supportive health system to advance goals
About Our Facility
Ours is the only rehabilitation facility in the area that offers a comprehensive range of programs and services to meet every level of rehabilitative need. Amenities include:
- A 62-bed Acute Rehabilitation Unit including an 11-bed secured Brain Injury Unit
- A 50-bed Transitional Sub-Acute Unit for skilled care
- Highly skilled Reading Hospital therapists
- Speech, physical, and occupational therapy programming
- Therapeutic recreation and activities
- Spacious private rooms with large private bathrooms and flat screen televisions
- Aquatic therapy pool
- On-site pharmacy, laboratory, and radiological services
- Outdoor therapeutic garden
- Comfortable lounges with flat screen televisions, computers, and free internet access
- Plenty of visiting areas for patients, friends, and families
- Easy access and free parking
Reading Hospital Rehabilitation at Wyomissing is the only hospital in the region accredited by both the Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities (CARF) and The Joint Commission. Our Stroke Specialty and Brain Injury Programs are also CARF-accredited.
Accreditation by CARF is evidence that Reading Hospital strives to improve efficiency, fiscal health, and service delivery – creating a foundation for continuous quality improvement and consumer satisfaction.
Joint Commission accreditation and certification is recognized nationwide as a symbol of quality that reflects an organization’s commitment to meeting certain performance standards.
Apply for Post Acute Hospitalist
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly