- Position Type
- Staff Interventional Cardiologists are ultimately responsible for the oversight of all aspects of cardiac and medical care delivered to patients under their care.
- Staff Interventional Cardiologists provide or assist fellows, residents, students and/or nurse practitioners in the process of evaluation and treatment of the patient, and actively participate in corrective actions against untoward responses (i.e., complications) related to procedural interventions.
- Staff Interventional Cardiologists evaluate the patient to assess changes in the physical and mental status during their stay. A history and physical note, with the appropriate level of detail, will be entered into the medical record along with an assessment and plan for acute and ongoing care as well as discharge planning. A progress and/or Procedure note is written in the patient's chart daily. Notes also include the concurrence with notes written by the fellow, resident, student or Nurse Practitioner, and attending notes as appropriate, in a manner consistent with the VA guidelines for resident and fellow supervision.
- Staff Interventional Cardiologists perform inpatient medical evaluations and treatment, as well as provide consultative services to non-medicine services in a timely manner.
- During scheduled tour hours, Staff Interventional Cardiologists shall be available for all urgent assessments and interventions (i.e., PCI for STEMI) as part of the cath lab team. Evening and/or night call may be required as determined by service needs.
- Staff Interventional Cardiologists are appropriately credentialed and privileged. They participate in various hospital committees, Medicine Service and hospital in-service programs, and education programs of the Medicine Service and the hospital. They are also involved in continuous quality improvement through the VA peer review process.
- Staff Interventional Cardiologists shall be responsible for providing graduate and undergraduate medical education, and scientific research as appropriate.
More searches like this