Physician - Academics-Orthopaedic Surgery - Sports Medicine
- Position Type
*Clinical Faculty: Orthopaedic Sports Medicine Physician | Tucson, AZ
Banner University Medical Center - South Tucson, AZ 85713
- Accepts J1s: No
- Accepts H1Bs: Yes
- Loan Assistance:No
- Practice Type:Employee
- Verified Date:03/20/2019
- Job ID:702488
- Employer Job ID:BCAP 28903
Banner University Medicine, Orthopaedics and Sports Medicine is actively seeking an Orthopaedic Sports Medicine physician to join their clinical faculty team. The Division of Sports Medicine is a multidisciplinary team comprised of fellowship trained orthopaedic, family practice, and emergency medicine physicians. This is an excellent opportunity to join and grow an academic program supporting Southern Arizona's local and professional sports organizations. Bi-monthly sports medicine conferences provide an academic compliment to clinical care. The qualified candidate will have an academic appointment to the University of Arizona (commensurate with experience)
Banner University Medicine Orthopaedic & Sports Medicine Clinic
2800 E Ajo Way, Ste 200
Banner University Medicine Multispecialty Services Clinic.
265 W Ina
Clinic Hours: M-F
1:5 General Ortho Call (unrestricted)
Average Patient Volume: 80 patients/week (2 OR days)
Teach and mentor residents, fellows and medical students
Current partnerships with 2 local high schools, Tucson Roadrunners Hockey, and exclusive medical partner for FC Tucson USL League One Professional Soccer and the new Professional Indoor Football Team, the Tucson Sugar Skulls.
MD or DO
Valid AZ license (or eligible to receive)
BC/BE Orthopaedic Surgery
Completion of an accredited Orthopaedic Sports Medicine fellowship
*Position open to new grads and experienced physicians, however preference will be given to candidates with experience, particularly as a team physician for a Division 1 collegiate or professional sports team
Banner Health and University of Arizona Health Network have come together to form Banner – University Medicine, a health system anchored in Phoenix and Tucson that makes the highest level of care accessible to Arizona residents. At the heart of this partnership is academic medicine – research, teaching and patient care – across three academic medical centers.
Banner University Medical Center - Tucson
- Nationally recognized for providing exceptional patient care, teaching future health-care professionals and conducting groundbreaking research.
- The hospital's physicians are full-time faculty of the University of Arizona College of Medicine - Tucson
- Our specialty services include comprehensive heart and cancer care, advanced neuroscience techniques and a multi-organ transplant program.
- Diamond Children's Medical Center is located on the campus providing specialized pediatric services including neonatal and intensive care, emergency medicine and cancer therapies.
- We are Southern Arizona's only Level 1 Trauma Center, caring for the most critically injured patients.
Tucson provides a host of professional opportunities, cultural amenities and recreational activities such as:
- Majestic mountains in every direction and breathtaking sunsets
- K-12 educational options and the academic excellence of the University of Arizona
- Endless sunshine with no humidity, fresh air and easy access to the sand and surf of San Diego and Mexico
- Moderate cost of living
Banner University Medical Group offers a generous salary and recruitment incentives, along with an industry leading benefits package that provides security for you and your family.
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision and pharmacy plans
- Paid malpractice
- Eligible for benefits coverage within 30 days
- Financial savings resources
- Career advancement and optimal work/life balance
- Employee Discounts
SUBMIT YOUR CV AND COVER LETTER FOR IMMEDIATE CONSIDERATION
As an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer, Banner University Medical Group (BUMG) recognizes the power of a diverse community and encourages applications from individuals with varied experiences and backgrounds. BUMG is an EEO/AA - M/W/D/V Employer.
Facility & Location InformationBanner University Medical Center - South
2800 E. Ajo Way, Tucson, AZ 85713
Apply for Physician - Academics-Orthopaedic Surgery - Sports Medicine
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly