Physician - Hematology/Oncology
- Position Type
The Clement J. Zablocki VA Medical Center (VAMC), Milwaukee, Wisconsin, is a tertiary care facility providing advanced medical care to a diverse population of Veterans and is affiliated with the Medical College of Wisconsin, and as such integrates teaching, research, and advanced patient care into its organizational mission. The facility offers a full spectrum of comprehensive health care services, using state-of-the-art technology and innovative programs to deliver patient-centered care.
The VAMC is seeking an experienced full-time Hematologist/Oncologist, duties will be split between the Medical College of Wisconsin (3/8ths) and the VA Medical center (5/8ths). The position will involve clinical work, and teaching of students, residents, and fellows. Candidate should hold a faculty appointment at the Medical College of Wisconsin.
- United States Citizenship: Non-citizens may only be appointed when it is not possible to recruit qualified citizens in accordance with VA Policy.
- Degree of doctor of medicine or an equivalent degree resulting from a course of education in medicine or osteopathic medicine. The degree must have been obtained from one of the schools approved by the Department of Veterans Affairs for the year in which the course of study was completed.
- Current, full and unrestricted license to practice medicine or surgery in a State, Territory, or Commonwealth of the United States, or in the District of Columbia.
- Completion of residency training, or its equivalent, approved by the Secretary of Veterans Affairs in an accredited core specialty training program leading to eligibility for board certification.
- Proficiency in spoken and written English.
- Board Certified/Eligible in Internal Medicine, Hematology, and Medical Oncology.
- Eligible for academic appointment with Medical College of Wisconsin
- Fellowship trained in Hematology/Oncology with specialized training in Transfusion Medicine
A career with the U.S. Government provides employees with a comprehensive benefits package. As a federal employee, you and your family will have access to a range of benefits that are designed to make your federal career very rewarding.
Please direct questions to or apply by submitting CV to Joe Fogarty, Joseph.Fogarty2@va.gov
Clement J. Zablocki VA Medical Center
5000 W National Avenue, Milwaukee, WI 53925
The United States Government does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.