Laborist/Hospitalist - Greenwich Hospital
- Position Type
Video: Westmed Medical Group VideoAn excellent Laborist/Hospitalist opportunity exists with the WESTMED Medical Group - a large, progressive, and financially thriving physician-owned, multi-specialty practice. Within commuting distance from NYC, CT, and NJ, we offer an excellent, competitive compensation and benefits package.
We are actively seeking BC/BE experienced Laborist/Hospitalist to join our existing team at The Greenwich Hospital.
Our Hospitalists dedicate much of their time to the safe transitioning of care for our hospitalized patients, and closely collaborate with all providers caring for such patients, to ensure the highest quality of care to both our patients and their families. Ideal candidates should possess strong skills in inpatient evidence-based medicine, medical teaching, interpersonal communication and resource management.
Physician will be responsible for providing complete, comprehensive clinical care for all patients. Physician provides clinical care services including, but not limited to, diagnosis, treatment, and coordination of care, preventative and health care maintenance to patients. Physician works collaboratively with all providers as a multi-disciplinary team to provide comprehensive, compassionate health care to all patients.
Essential Functions and Job Responsibilities:
- Obtain medical, social and developmental history of patient.
- Perform physical exams and immunizations on all patients.
- Diagnose and develop treatment plans with the patient. Management of all acute and chronic illnesses.
- Provide health education and counseling and establish preventive health practices.
- Prescribes and administers medications or delegates immunization duties to the clinical support staff as allowed by federal, state and professional guidelines.
- Initiate laboratory, radiology, and pathology exams and specialty consults as necessary.
- Review and follow up on incoming reports in a timely manner.
- Exercise judgment in establishing priorities of medical care and consult with and refer to appropriate specialist in regards to high risk or complex patients.
- Implement clinical policies with department manager, Clinical Director, Department Chair, Medical Director, and other providers to continuously provide comprehensive state of the art medical care.
- Responsible for supervision of assigned or other advance practice providers (physician assistants and nurse practitioners) at the clinical site as applicable.
- Assist with training, orientation and clinical support for new providers, advance practice providers, and clinical support staff.
- Fosters a professional, collaborative work environment with all team members and colleagues.
- Maintain current New York or Connecticut Licensure and all licenses necessary to provide care in the medical practice.
- Management of services in accordance with established organization policies and procedures and other medical programs and guidelines.
- Participation in Quality Improvement (CQI) program and clinical projects for practice improvement when requested.
- Provide case management with other health care team members.
- Medical Degree
- Active Doctor of Medicine or Doctor of Osteopathy (M.D. or D.O.) license in the state of Connecticut as required
- Board Certification
- Active DEA license
- BLS and ACLS certification
- Ability to work collaboratively within a clinical team
- Demonstrated professional competence and integrity and ethical conduct of practice
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills, and effective conflict resolution skills
- Patient focused and committed to providing outstanding and compassionate care and service to all patients
- Demonstrated commitment to WMG mission, vision and values
- Strong computer skills and EMR knowledge
Westmed Medical Group is a large, award-winning multi-specialty medical practice, with headquarters in Purchase, NY. It is staffed by a team of over 500 Physicians and Advanced Practice Providers who are dedicated to providing coordinated, efficient and the highest quality of patient care at its 13 locations in Westchester County, NY and Fairfield County, CT. The practice, known for its one-stop-shopping medical experience for patients, uses state-of-the-art systems and has a national reputation for measured healthcare excellence. Westmed offers 60+ medical specialties and currently has over 1,000 employees. Our mission is to be your trusted partner in comprehensive, lifelong care. The foundation for service excellence at Westmed Medical Group starts with the patient experience and focusing on the complete total care of our patients. Westmed is recognized by the National Committee for Quality Assurance as a Level 3 Medical Home, the highest achievable level. Westmed has been one of 480 Medicare Accountable Care Organizations (ACOs) nationwide since 2012, and was ranked a Fortune® 2017 Best Workplaces in Healthcare and in New York State.
Here at Westmed Medical Group, we look for individuals who are interested in and seek a challenging, growth-oriented, dynamic and friendly environment. Individuals with a strong work ethic along with a caring personality are who we find to be most successful here, fitting into our not so basic mantra of simply being “Smart" & “Nice". Our organization is constantly looking to bring on like-minded people who have a genuine interest in helping people and possess an intellectual curiosity to try and do things better and more efficiently. We strive to bring out the best in all of our team members and provide individuals with the support they need to achieve their career aspirations while providing the best quality care to our patients.
We provide a modern office environment, state-of-the-art equipment and technology as well as competitive benefits and salary. Our benefits include medical, dental, free copays for employees who see Westmed physicians, discounted vision glasses, life insurance, AD&D insurance, short-term and long-term disability, 401k and profit sharing, flexible spending plans, and more. Westmed Medical Group has also been GreatRated! as a Great Place to Work, the global authority on high-trust, high-performance workplace cultures.
We are committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, veteran or military status, genetic information, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. The information collected by this application is solely to determine suitability for employment, verify identity and maintain employment statistics on applicants.
Apply for Laborist/Hospitalist - Greenwich Hospital
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly