- Position Type
Student Health Services
Job #: 1908488
Full Time; Career
Starting Salary Range: $200,000 - $240,000 / Annually. Salary commensurate with qualifications and experience.
UCSC strives to embrace diversity in all its forms; it strives to be an inclusive community that fosters an open, enlightened & productive environment.
Under the general direction of the Associate Vice Chancellor/Executive Director of Student Health and Wellness, the Director of Medical Services (Medical Director) has primary responsibility for medical care at UCSC Student Health Services. As the senior clinical leader and member of the senior administrative staff, the Director of Medical Services promotes and assures quality clinical services across the student health facility and provides strategic direction. The Director of Medical Services plans, develops, coordinates, and assesses the health service.
In addition to medical services, the Director provides senior strategic leadership in the design, development, implementation, coordination, assessment, and continuous improvement of health-related programs and services for students. This includes collaborative efforts of medical, psychological and psychiatric services, providing health leadership on known and emerging issues relevant to the health, safety and well-being of students. The Director of Medical Services also spends a portion of their time providing direct clinical care to patients.
As Director of Medical Services, this position provides consultative support and supervision for the clinical staff, leadership in developing and implementing clinical policies and procedures, and is a member of the Student Health Services management team. The Director supervises all career and per diem physicians, oversees the Nurse Practitioner/Physician Assistant (NP/PA) Supervisor and is responsible for the clinical care provided by all of the career and per diem NPs, and PAs.
• At least 10 years clinical experience in an ambulatory care clinic or similar practice, urgent care or private practice.
• At least 3 years administrative experience including direct supervision and personnel management.
• Demonstrated management experience in a large complex healthcare facility with proven ability to analyze, interpret and apply management principles, practices and techniques in the conduct of business.
• Thorough knowledge of administration of ambulatory healthcare, psychological counseling and student service facilities. Knowledge of management theory and practice in complex healthcare organizations.
• Leadership, supervisory and consensus building skills with the knowledge to act within University regulations and in the best interest of the unit. Proven ability to manage crisis situations and effectively facilitate and resolve interpersonal conflicts. Demonstrated skill in problem solving and mediation among competing influences.
Some Special Conditions Include:
• Graduation from a class A accredited school of medicine with the degree of Medical Doctor (MD) or Graduation from a class A accredited school of osteopathy with the degree of Doctor of Osteopathy (DO)
• Must be Licensed MD or DO in State of California in good standing
• Current valid federal controlled substance registration (DEA certificate)
• Must be Board Certified in Primary Care Specialty: Family Medicine, Internal Medicine, or Emergency Medicine
• ACLS Certified or the ability to become ACLS certified within 6 months of hire (unit will sponsor such training)
Selected candidate will be required to pass a pre-employment criminal history background check.
Position is open until filled. Initial Review Date: 02-04-2019
APPLICANTS ARE REQUIRED TO USE THE UCSC ON-LINE PROCESS
View full job description and access on-line application:
To ensure review of application materials by the hiring unit, they must be submitted ON OR BEFORE the initial review date (IRD) via the Staff Employment Opportunities web site mailto:@ https://jobs.ucsc.edu. A computer is available at the UCSC Staff Human Resources Office located at Scotts Valley Center. The Scotts Valley Center is located at 100 Enterprise Way, Suite E100, Scotts Valley, CA 95066. To learn more or to request disability accommodations, call 831-459-2009. Hearing impaired are encouraged to use the California Relay Service at 800-735-2922. The University of California, Santa Cruz is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Apply for Medical Director
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly