Emergency Medicine Physician
- Position Type
U.S. Army Medical Corps
PLAY A VITAL ROLE IN THE LIVES OF OUR NATION’S DEFENDERS
As an Emergency Medicine Physician on the U.S. Army health care team, you’ll be on the frontline in treating patients who require immediate medical attention. You’ll may even have the opportunity to command a medical unit, perform staff functions in health support, participate in the education and training of personnel and examine, diagnose and treat the initial phase of disease or injury.
When you join the Army Medical Corps, you’ll be making a difference in the lives of our Soldiers and the country at large while gaining access to invaluable opportunities, like supporting humanitarian missions, leadership training and a competitive benefit package. Join us and build a distinguished career while helping expand the boundaries of emergency medicine alongside professionals who share your passion.
Benefits may include:
- Repayment of qualified education loans to lending institution, paid annually over a maximum of 3 years while serving
- Based on your area of concentration, you may be eligible for an accessions bonus, paid over a four-year period while serving.
- No-cost or low-cost medical and dental care for you and your family
- 30 days of paid vacation earned annually
- Commissary and post exchange shopping privileges
- Enrollment into the Uniformed Services Blended Retirement System
- Specialized training to become a leader in emergency medicine
- Doctor of medicine or doctor of osteopathy degree from an accredited U.S. school of medicine or osteopathy; foreign graduates may apply with permanent certificate from the Educational Council of Foreign Medical Graduates
- Current license to practice medicine in the United States, District of Columbia or Puerto Rico
- Eligibility for board certification
- Completion of at least one year of an approved graduate medical education internship
- Between 21 and 42 years of age (waivers granted on a case-by-case basis)
- U.S. citizenship
To learn more, visit healthcare.goarmy.com/medical
Apply for Emergency Medicine Physician
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly