Emergency Medicine Physician
- Position Type
U.S. Army Medical Corps
PLAY A VITAL ROLE IN THE LIVES OF OUR NATION’S DEFENDERS
As an Emergency Medicine Physician on the U.S. Army Reserve health care team, you’ll be on the frontline in treating patients who require immediate medical attention. You’ll may also perform staff functions in health support, participate in the education and training of personnel and examine and diagnose and treat the initial phase of disease or injury. When you join the Army Medical Corps, you’ll be making a difference in the lives of our Soldiers and the country at large while gaining access to invaluable opportunities, like supporting humanitarian missions, leadership training and a competitive benefit package.
Also, you may be able to continue working in your community and serve when needed. Join us and build a distinguished career while helping expand the boundaries of emergency medicine alongside professionals who share your passion.
Benefits may include:
- Health professions special pay for physicians in eligible specialties
- A monthly stipend through the Specialized Training Assistance Program (STRAP) for physicians currently enrolled in an accredited residency program.
- Health Professions Loan Repayment Program (HPLRP) which repays qualifying education loans to lending institutions
- Travel opportunities
- Enrollment in the Uniformed Services Blended Retirements System
- Low-cost medical and dental care for you and your family
- Commissary and post exchange shopping privileges
- Specialized training to become a leader in emergency medicine
- Doctor of medicine or doctor of osteopathy degree from an accredited U.S. school of medicine or osteopathy; foreign graduates may apply with permanent certificate from the Educational Council of Foreign Medical Graduates
- Current license to practice medicine in the United States, District of Columbia or Puerto Rico
- Eligibility for board certification
- Completion of at least one year of an approved graduate medical education internship ? Between 21 and 42 years of age (waivers granted on a case-by-case basis)
- U.S. citizenship
- Permanent U.S. residency
To learn more, visit healthcare.goarmy.com/medical
Apply for Emergency Medicine Physician
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly