Physician - Pediatric Intensivist Program
- Position Type
Pediatric Intensivist Needed at Huntsville Hospital for Women and Children.
We have an 11-bed unit and 3 full time Board Certified Pediatric Intensivists. Excellent work/life balance with NINE 24 hour shifts per month and minimal call back.
About Huntsville Hospital for Women and Children *Stand-alone facility dedicated to caring for women, infants, children, and adolescents
*St. Jude Children's Research Hospital affiliate clinic for Pediatric Hematology and Oncology, one of only 7 in the US
*Established in 2002 and growing
*Serving a 1.25 million draw area in northern Alabama and southern Tennessee
*Offers the region's most comprehensive and experienced maternal and child health programs
*Rated in the Top 50 Pediatric Programs in the nation.
* Average of 5,000 births/year and 16,000 admissions annually
*One of a kind in the region with a 16-bed Pediatric ER, 11 bed PICU,
*45 bed Level III NICU, 40-bed Pediatric Inpatient facility. Nearest PICU is Birmingham or Nashville, each almost 2 hours away.
Huntsville, with a population of 386,661 in the metro area, is a high-tech, family oriented, multi cultural community with excellent schools, dining and entertainment. It is nestled at the foothills of the Appalachian Mountains with an abundance of activities to do inside or out. Huntsville is situated in the fastest growing major metropolitan area in Alabama, and with the highest per capita income in the southeast, Huntsville is the best place to live, learn and work.
We are a community on the move with rich values and traditions while progressing with new ideas, exciting technologies and creative talents.
* Public schools boast more national merit scholars per capita than any other in the country
* Technology, space and defense industry play a major role in Huntsville
* Huntsville/Madison County boasts more Doctorate degrees per capita than any other city in the nation
* Robert Trent Jones Golf Trail, Broadway Theater League, Huntsville Symphony Orchestra, US Space & Rocket Center, Huntsville Botanical Garden, Hsv Museum of Art, Constitution Hall Village, Early Works Children's Museum, Monte Sano State Park and Bridgstreet Town center are just some of the main attractions!
*Huntsville named one of the Top 10 Smartest Cities in the World by Forbes.
Apply for Physician - Pediatric Intensivist Program
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly