- Position Type
Join a Collegial Practice Where You Thrive
Sound Physicians, a physician-founded and led organization, focuses on improving quality, patient satisfaction, and ICU performance. Our model is designed to challenge the status quo and transform the way critical care is provided. This is accomplished by our relentless pursuit to create value and eliminate waste in the ICU, implementing critical care programs that focus on improving the lives of patients while creating value for our hospital partners.
We ensure that physicians have the time and resources needed to deliver compassionate care that measurably improves quality and lowers the cost of healthcare for patients in the communities we serve. Our culture promotes physician autonomy, mastery, and purpose. Physicians have the ability to effectively participate in the process of change management within the community hospital ICU setting.
The Team - The Hospital
Our critical care physicians share ideas with like-minded peers and are truly advancing the practice of critical care medicine. We are a team of dedicated healers, inspired leaders, and the next generation of critical care innovators.
- 353 bed, teaching hospital
- 19 bed ICU - mixed ICU with medical, surgical, cardiac, and neuro patients
- Comprehensive Stroke Center - Full subspecialty support represented in medical staff
- 3 full-time intensivists with internal medicine and family medicine residency programs
- Intensivist serves as an attending for residents in ICU
- Ideal block schedule. No night shifts as residents cover the ICU overnight, but intensivist is available telephonically
White Memorial Medical Center is one of the areas leading non-profit hospitals, which provides a full range of inpatient, outpatient, emergency and diagnostic services to communities in and near downtown Los Angeles. This is a golden opportunity to join an established intensivist program and also participate in medical education for those passionate about teaching.
- One of Americas Distinguished Hospitals for Clinical Excellence, a HealthGrades designation earned by less than 5 percent of hospitals nationwide
- Ranked one of the 25 top-rated hospitals in the Los Angeles metro region and one of the strongest performing hospitals in the state by U.S. News &World Report
- Five-time winner of the Eureka Award for Performance Excellence from the California Council for Excellence
- One of only 92 hospitals in California and 27 in Los Angeles to achieve an A rating for quality from Leapfrog
Education, Training & Experience Required
- MD or DO with active California license; must be Board Certified or board eligible in Critical Care Medicine.
- Ability to work as a team member
- Must have a commitment to excellence in clinical service, be forward thinking and demonstrate problem-solving abilities necessary in this environment
- Excellent communication (written and verbal), analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to perform all technical skills in the critical care setting
Location & Lifestyle
Coined the City of Angels, Los Angeles residents enjoy a Mediterranean climate, excellent school systems, and unmatched beauty. LA is a melting pot that has something to offer to all cultures and backgrounds. LA is the epicenter of the entertainment industry, is home to 9 professional sports teams, 15+ beaches, and is a perfect place to set roots.
Apply for Intensivist
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly