- Position Type
Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center’s (DHMC) Department of Anesthesiology is recruiting for staff positions. Anesthesiologists with academic as well as clinical interests will be considered. DHMC is affiliated with the Geisel School of Medicine at Dartmouth. Staff have faculty appointments and are expected to contribute to the academic mission of the institution.
We are recruiting at all faculty levels.
- Dartmouth-Hitchcock is a world-class tertiary care referral center with Level-1 Trauma certification from the American College of Surgeons.
- Challenging cases with a dynamic case mix. Services include Cardiac, Gynecology, Plastics, Pediatrics, General Surgery, Oncology, Trauma, Maxillofacial, Neurosurgery, Thoracic, Transplant, Vascular and Orthopedics.
- Physicians can expect medical direction of CRNA as well as resident teaching. Coverage ratio is usually 1:2, but can range from 1:1 to 1:3.
- Case volume averages around 32,000 cases per year at both the main campus and outpatient surgery center
- A generous base salary commensurate with experience with extra compensation for working past standard work hours.
- Relocation assistance and childcare support services are available
- Extra compensation provided based on productivity metrics.
- Comprehensive benefits and retirement packages are offered, including short and long-term disability, 6-8 weeks of vacation/CME, CME funding in addition to full benefits through DHMC.
Weeknight call begins at 4:00 pm with both the call day and the post-call day off. Weekend call is 12-hour shifts and is compensated with extra pay or extra time off above the standard vacation/CME allotment. Non-clinical time and administrative time are provided based on availability and role in the department.
The Dartmouth-Hitchcock Health System provides a rare opportunity to combine a high level of practice with a serene and stress-free rural environment. Our system stretches over New Hampshire and Vermont and offers the quintessential New England experience. This beautiful area combines history, industry and business and has been ranked consistently as one of the best places in the US to live and work offering excellent public schools and multiple higher education opportunities with low crime and family oriented lifestyle. In addition, NH boasts no income or sales tax. With destinations like Boston, New York, Montreal and the seacoast and ski country within driving distance, the opportunities - both career and personal - truly make New Hampshire the ideal place to work and play.
Applicants are encouraged to apply online with CV and
cover letter on our Provider Career site:
CV and cover letter should be addressed to:
Connor Rockwell – Physician Recruiter | Talent Acquisition
Dartmouth-Hitchcock is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, national origin, disability status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Apply for Anesthesiologist
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly