- Position Type
Hartford HealthCare, Connecticut’s most comprehensive health system, is seeking a neurosurgeon to practice at Hartford Hospital (HH), an 867-bed tertiary academic medical center, Level 1 Trauma Center, and the second highest volume surgical center in New England. The new surgeon will join a group of 7 neurosurgeons and walk into immediate volume with a focus on spine. Interests in complex spine, general intracranial and neurotrauma will be supported.
Practice and Hospital Highlights:
- Largest robotic spine surgery center in Connecticut with two Mazor X robots
- 24/7/365 dedicated neurosurgical PA staff to provide in-house coverage.
- Four state of the art Neuro OR's with 4 Stealth systems, 2 O-arm's, 4 Pantero microscopes. Leksell Frame for Stereotactic DBS, latest equipment for spine including 3 Jackson Tables, 1 ProAxis Spine Table, Varian Triology Radiosurgery Unit and 2 dedicated bi-plane angiosuites.
- Opportunity to join a physician-owned Surgicenter on-campus of main hospital.
- Dedicated 17 bed Neuro- ICU and 9 bed step down unit.
- Level 1 trauma center with high volume of spine trauma.
- High volume of spine oncology utilizing multidisciplinary management with Cancer Institute
- 24,000 sqft Center for Education, Simulation and Innovation (CESI), one of the most advanced medical simulation training centers in the world.
Join an impressive group of Neurosurgeons and enjoy highly competitive compensation, robust benefits, and
1 in 7 call schedule
Hartford Hospital is the main teaching campus for the University of Connecticut School of Medicine with neurology and general surgery residency programs and a bid for 2020 neurosurgery residency program. We offer opportunities for teaching and collaborative clinical research – HH has a dedicated research department and will support any project with nurse and/or research coordinator.
Located just two hours from New York City and Boston, we are in the heart of some of New England's most stunning communities offering your family nationally acclaimed school systems, a choice to live at the shore, in vibrant urban areas, or in a Kiplinger “Top 10 Best City to Raise a Family” and Travel & Leisure's "Coolest Suburb in America."
Apply for Neurosurgery opportunity
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly