Physician / Medical Director - OBGYN - Denver, CO
- Position Type
SCL Health is a faith-based, nonprofit healthcare organization dedicated to improving the health of the people and communities we serve, especially those who are poor and vulnerable. Founded by the Sisters of Charity of Leavenworth in 1864, our $2.6 billion health network provides comprehensive, coordinated care through 10 hospitals, more than 100 physician clinics, and home health, hospice, mental health and safety-net services primarily in Colorado and Montana.
SCL Health Medical Group is seeking an experienced OB/GYN to work 50% of their time in patient care to include call with the group, and the other 50% as a Medical Director for the Front Range (Denver and surrounding areas).
The Womens Health Medical Director piece of this position provides the long-range strategic vision and leadership to develop the womens health service line into a best practice, and a superior patient care delivery system that supports the mission of SCL Health and the vision for the Front Range. This position works closely with the Practice Administrator for the Womens Health Service Line in the Medical Group and with the Administrative Director of Womens and Infants services of the Front Range care sites.
The individual selected for this position will initially work most closely with the Saint Joseph Hospital teams but will build relationships with other hospitals and care sites across the Front Range.
Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- On a part time basis, care for OBGYN patients within one of the Denver OBGYN clinics
- Build a culture of clinical integration by creating a seamless and consistent experience for the patient across all SCL Health care sites
- Work closely with the President of SCL Health Medical Group- Front Range to recruit, retain, and assess ongoing clinical performance
- Provide coaching and mentoring to physicians within the system who are in leadership roles to assure that clinical priorities and initiatives are consistent with Womens Health Service Line development needs
- Oversee surgical space/ASC/office procedures, oversight of clinical guidelines/procedures, oversee referral guidelines and outcomes
- Participate in development of physician compensation plan structure that facilitates alignment between SCL Health Womens Services and the employed physicians priorities and goals
- Lead discussions regarding program development, new technology adoption, and physician recruitment priorities to meet community needs
- Medical Doctor or Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine Degree
- Education must be obtained through an ACGME or AOA accredited institution that will be verified
- ABMS or equivalent AOA Board Certification in Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Active Colorado Medical Licensure, or able to obtain
- 5+ years clinical experience working as an OB/GYN
- 3+ year so experience leading a successful improvement in clinical settings
- 3 years of progressive leadership experience
- Experience with change management with the ability to provide leadership in the adaptation and implementation of new processes
- Effective verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Master's degree in Business, Healthcare Administration, Public Health or other business- related field
- Experience working in a complex health system
- Certified in healthcare communication, coaching or an equivalent experience with external entities that drive and support Experience of Care approaches
- Service line leadership (matrix management)
Apply for Physician / Medical Director - OBGYN - Denver, CO
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly