- Position Type
The UW Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology in collaboration with Unity Point - Meriter Hospital is recruiting for a team of obstetrical hospitalists. The hospitalist position is a role developed to enhance the superior quality and safety of the largest delivering hospital in the State of Wisconsin. This team of physicians will provide support for OB patient needs, but also will provide added backup for the full scope delivering providers to ensure the safety of all obstetrical patients admitted to Unity Point - Meriter Hospital. Duties include clinical patient care and clinical communications and interface with medical students, residents and fellows.
90% Act as OB hospitalist for OB inpatient units and will function independently from the ObGyns on call, to ensure the safety of all obstetrical patients admitted to Unity Point - Meriter Hospital.
- Member of Maternal Early Warning System (MEWS) response team for all OB patients at Meriter.
- Facilitates use of debriefs, huddles and other Team STEPPS tools.
- Intervenes and makes clinical recommendations to OB providers as needed.
- Facilitates & supports response for OB patient needs.
- Responds to emergent deliveries in the absence of an OB provider.
10% Administrative/Committee participation:
- Participates in the development and initiation of simulation drills with nursing and resident staff on all shifts.
- Completes annual leadership/educational requirements including committee participation, M&Ms, grand rounds, and other training exercises.
Please submit CV and online application here: http://jobs.hr.wisc.edu/cw/en-us/job/499299/ob-hospitalist-obstetrics-and-gynecology
Apply for OB Hospitalist
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly