- Position Type
Opportunity for Experienced Aortic Surgeon to join robust Heart Surgery Program in Nashville, TN
TriStar Centennial Medical Center (TCMC) is a leader in cardiac surgical services, performing over 1,150 open heart procedures in 2017. Our team of Cardiothoracic Surgeons, Cardiologists and Vascular Surgeons take a collaborative approach to patient-centered care. We are seeking a highly skilled Aortic Surgeon with general cardiac and endovascular skillset to join our group.
Positioned for continued growth and expansion in cardiac services, TCMC is currently seeking an exceptionally well-trained, high-quality, Cardiothoracic Surgeon. Candidates should have the following qualifications:
- 3-5 years post-training experience
- Broad Cardiothoracic skill set with current volumes of 150+ cases per year, including complex aortic and endovascular cases
- ABS / ABTS Certified
- Employment opportunity joining a team of CV surgeons and cardiologists who lead the
- Middle Tennessee area in cardiac care
- Opportunity to build and lead collaboratively a regional aortic surgery program including all aspects of open, endovascular and hybrid aortic procedures
- Clinical research opportunities with Sarah Cannon Research Institute (SCRI)
- Competitive compensation package with full benefits
TCMC has received the highest 3 star Society of Thoracic Surgeons rating for Coronary Artery Bypass Grafting (CABG), Aortic Valve Replacement Surgery (AVR) and Aortic Valve Replacement Surgery + Coronary Artery Bypass Grafting (AVR+CABG). TCMC was a pioneer in beating heart surgery and robotic heart surgery and is now strongly engaged in minimally invasive valve surgery, ECMO, VAD, TAVR, and TEVAR.
TCMC has invested $110M into a new heart center expansion, bringing a state-of-the-art 117 bed Heart Center to its campus, inclusive of 4 CVOR’s, 1 Hybrid OR, 7 cath, EP and endovascular labs. In addition, TCMC’s regional STEMI network is comprised of 16 community hospitals, resulting in over 130 STEMI transfers last year.
TCMC and its sister TriStar Health hospitals were the first in the state and among the first in the nation to achieve Chest Pain Accreditation by the Society of Chest pain Centers. For more than a decade, this network of eight hospitals has provided community-based angioplasty, stenting and other minimally invasive procedures. The Heart Care Network creates a seamless approach for patients needing more specialized care, accessing TriStar Centennial Heart & Vascular Center.
Apply for Aortic Surgeon
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly