- Position Type
Bassett Healthcare Network, a progressive health care network in central New York and major teaching affiliate of Columbia University, is seeking an Obstetrician/Gynecologist, preferably with some interest in Urogynecologic Surgery, to serve its patient population.
Bassett Healthcare Network is an integrated health care system that provides care and services to people living in an eight county region covering 5,600 square miles in upstate New York. The organization includes six corporately affiliated hospitals, as well as skilled nursing facilities, community and school-based health centers, and health partners in related fields.
Key Benefits of this Position:
- Limited obstetric practice with back up supervision provided to nurse midwifery practice
- Join 6 physicians, 3 hospitalists, 4 certified midwives and 6 APC’s in a hospital-employed, evidence-based practice
- Limited overnight call duty
- Collegial working environment
- LDR model with Level 1 Nursery and growing obstetric practice of approximately 900 deliveries/year, with Albany Medical Center serving as our Regional Perinatal Center
- Some Regional Outreach Travel
- Advanced hysteroscopy and laparoscopic surgeries available, including DaVinci robot
- Medical school campus for Columbia University, with academic appointment available
- Group employed model with competitive salary
- Comprehensive benefit package, including but not limited to medical, dental, CME, relocation assistance and paid malpractice insurance
- Integrated EPIC Electronic Health Record; Medical and rural surgical residency programs
Nestled in the foothills of the Adirondack and Catskill Mountains, Bassett Medical Center is located in Cooperstown, New York, a beautiful resort village on Otsego Lake. Home to the National Baseball Hall of Fame and Museum, the Glimmerglass Opera Company, and the Fenimore Art Museum, the area also boasts many cultural and four season recreational advantages including theater, music, museums, golf, sailing, hiking, and skiing.
EEO Employer/Disabled/Protected Veteran
Apply for OB/GYN Physician
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly