Radiology - Breast Imaging
- Position Type
The Permanente Medical Group, Inc. is seeking Radiographers for Breast Imaging at Redwood City Medical Center and Medical offices
Taking you well into the future
Welcome to the Kaiser Permanente Redwood City Medical Center and Medical offices. Since 1952, we have been dedicated to being a healthy part of Redwood City and the Peninsula area. In 2014, we celebrated the opening of our new hospital, designed to meet stringent California seismic standards, and to support the highest quality healthcare.
The new 7-story, 300,000-square-foot hospital combines advanced architectural design with aesthetics, clinical and informational technology, and ample space to promote healing and effective care delivery.
Inside and out, the new Redwood City hospital offers amenities like natural light and open stairwells that invite staff and visitors to take the stairs. A central garden with outdoor dining space is adjacent to the cafeteria and lobby area. A water feature in the garden creates a tranquil separation between a quiet seating area and the busier pedestrian paths and outdoor dining area. The garden is planted with native and indigenous trees, as well as drought tolerant shrubs and perennials that change colors with the seasons. The building will begin a year-long process to earn the Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) standards Silver rating.
Most of the hospital’s 149 beds are private and feature pullout sofa beds for overnight family visits. All have access to an information network that goes beyond free wireless Internet service. The GetWell Network replaces traditional whiteboards in patients’ rooms. This command center enables patients to interact with their nurses, contact friends and family via email, order food from the Dietary Department at any time, access the internet, watch movies on demand, play video games, and watch videos related to their care.
Other features include a 24 room Emergency Department, new Labor and Delivery area with private rooms, six state-of-the-art hybrid surgical suites, three Interventional Radiology suites, and free wifi throughout the hospital.
High quality, compassionate, personalized care
Kaiser Permanente Redwood City is a top performing hospital and medical center. Recently, we have received the following awards and recognition:
- The 2013 and 2014 annual rankings by US News & World Report named Redwood City Medical Center as a ‘Best Hospital.‘ The report analyzes and rates facilities in most states and in major metropolitan regions (all U.S. regions with at least 500,000 in population).
- The American Heart Association/American Stroke Association recognized Kaiser Foundation Hospital, Redwood City with the 2012, 2013, and 2014 Get With The Guidelines, Stroke Gold Plus Quality Achievement Award for use of evidence-based guidelines to provide the best possible care to patients through The American Heart Association/American Stroke Association’s Get With The Guidelines® program.
- Kaiser Permanente Redwood City was named a Top Performer on Key Quality Measures® for 2012, 2013 and 2014 by The Joint Commission, the leading accreditor of health care organizations in America. We were recognized for exemplary performance in using evidence-based clinical processes that are shown to improve care for certain conditions, including care for heart attack, pneumonia, surgery, children’s asthma, stroke, and venous thromboembolism, as well as inpatient psychiatric services.
- Recognized by U.S. News for high performance in Gastroenterology and GI Surgery, Orthopedics, Urology, and Neurology and Neurosurgery.
In fact, Kaiser Permanente Redwood City is an Advanced Neuroscience Center. We offer knowledge, expertise, the latest technologies, and advanced care in Neuroscience for all members in the Northern California region. We perform over 1900 sophisticated neurosurgical procedures every year and provide consultative support for adult and pediatric patients throughout the region.
Redwood City Medical Center features:
- Best in Class Electronic Medical Records
- Leadership opportunities for physicians interested in combining clinical practice with clinical leadership
- Academic training programs and teaching opportunities supported by partnerships with Stanford University and University of California, San Francisco
- Physician-to-physician referrals without the administrative burden of any authorization process
- A multi-disciplinary, highly collegial environment that actively promotes cross-specialty collaboration
- A culture of innovation which promotes the cultivation of ideas at the local level and the adoption of best practices across the NCAL region
- An integrated system of care where physicians and administrators work together to take important research and successful practices from theory into everyday practice
- Fully staffed bilingual clinic, Salud en Español
- A robust in-house CME calendar of programs
- Maintenance of certification support
- A personalized mentoring program for new-to-Kaiser Permanente physicians
- Award-winning patient web portal, kp.org, where patients can easily refill most prescriptions, make routine appointments, review lab results and email their doctor and other practitioners at no additional cost
- A community-based, family-friendly approach to care that places the patient at the center of everything we do
- Plenty of opportunities for our family of professionals to relax and socialize together at departmental gatherings, picnics, group outings and more
Redwood City, Gateway to the Bay
Founded in 1852 as a small port on San Francisco Bay, Redwood City took its name from the redwood lumber that was shipped from there to build Gold Rush-era San Francisco. Redwood City is located in the heart of the San Francisco Bay Peninsula—25 miles south of San Francisco and 25 miles north of San Jose. It offers convenient access to the entire Bay Area.
Redwood City has a beautiful and historic downtown area where you’ll find entertainment, great restaurants, live music, cultural attractions, and an eclectic selection of stores. Known as the intellectual center of Silicon Valley, Redwood City also plays a vibrant role in the high-tech software industry, and is the headquarters of technology powerhouse, Oracle. Other neighbors include Stanford University, Adobe, Apple, Facebook, Google, and Intel.
Apply for Radiology - Breast Imaging
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly