OB Hospitalist Needed in Thriving Southeast Metro
- Position Type
Huntsville Hospital for Women & Children is seeking a BC/BE OB/GYN for our OB/GYN Hospitalist program at Huntsville Hospital for Women and Children in Huntsville, Alabama. Huntsville Hospital for Women & Children is looking for an experienced OB/GYN physician that is willing to provide patient focused, compassionate, and quality evidence based healthcare. The Hospitalist responsibilities include delivery attendance, OB triage, patient evaluation and management, surgical assists, OB ED Coverage, clinic coverage (no call), participation in quality improvement initiatives, OB Simulation Training, and education of medical students and residents.
Huntsville Hospital for Women and Children is a stand-alone facility dedicated to caring for women, infants, children, and adolescents. The hospital offers the region’s most comprehensive and experienced maternal and child health programs. Women & Children’s has an average of 5,000 births a year and 16,000 admissions annually. The hospital has in-house anesthesia, 20 LDR rooms, 3 Cesarean Section rooms, an OB/GYN ED, Maternal Fetal Medicine Program, a High-Risk Antepartum Unit, an Adult ICU, and a Level III NICU. Huntsville Hospital for Women & Children is the only one of its kind in the region with a Level 3 NICU, Pediatric Subspecialties, a Pediatric ER, Pediatric Intensivist and Hospitalist Programs and a St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital affiliate clinicfor Pediatric Hematology/Oncology.
We offer competitive salaries and excellent benefits including:
• Health, life, vision, dental, disability insurance
• Annual CME allowance
• Professional liability insurance and assistance with mandatory hospital credentialing and state licensing, and reimbursement of associated fees.
Huntsville is situated in the fastest growing major metropolitan area in Alabama,and with the highest per capita income in the southeast, Huntsville is the best place to live, learn and work. We are a community on the move,rich with values and traditions while progressing with new ideas,exciting technologies and creative talents. Our community’s unique characteristics are a worldwide attraction and will certainly provide a place for you and your family to flourish. With a population of 385K in the metro area, we are a high-tech, family oriented, multi cultural community with excellent schools, dining and entertainment. Huntsville is nestled at the foothills of the Appalachian Mountains with an abundance of activities to do inside or out.
- Public schools boast more national merit scholars per capita than any other in the country
- Technology, space and defense industry play a major role in Huntsville
- Huntsville/Madison County boasts more Doctorate degrees per capita than any other in the nation
- Robert Trent Jones Golf Trail, Broadway Theater League, Huntsville Symphony Orchestra, US Space & Rocket Center, Huntsville Botanical Garden, Hsv Museum of Art, Constitution Hall Village, Early Works Children's Museum, Monte Sano State Park and Bridgstreet Townecenter are just some of the main attractions!
- The City of Huntsville received Standard & Poor’s highest possible “AAA” bond rating for strength of the local economy.
- Huntsville named one of the Top 10 Smartest Cities in the World by Forbes.
- Huntsville named one of the Top 50 Best Places to Raise Children in the U.S. by Business Week.
- Huntsville Ranked 7th Best City to Live in America by US News
Apply for OB Hospitalist Needed in Thriving Southeast Metro
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly