Combined Emergency Department and Urgent Care Physician
- Position Type
Combined Emergency and Urgent Care Clinics – Albuquerque, NM
In 2019, Presbyterian Healthcare Services will be opening combined emergency and urgent care clinics in New Mexico. These clinics will provide 24/7 urgent care and lower –acuity emergency care in dedicated facilities. To staff these clinics, we are actively recruiting for a board certified or board eligible emergency medicine physician. Family medicine or internal medicine physicians with at least three years of emergency medicine experience will also be considered. State of New Mexico Medical License required and completion of a three-year residency in family medicine.
- Full-time position including day-one benefits through our employed provider group, Presbyterian Medical Group.
- High-level support staff including nurses, EMTs, scribes, radiology, lab services, registration, and administration.
- Radiology including CT with 24/7 quick reads by radiologists, lab services and an agreement with our Presbyterian facilities for any transfers.
- Expected work schedule: 12x12-hour shifts per month.
- Projected volume is 60 to 80 patients per day (60 percent urgent care, 40 percent emergency care)
- Nationally competitive salary with relocation allowance available
- Efficiency Bonus potential
- Bonus potential based on the success of the Combined ED/UC
- Comprehensive benefits package
- CME allowance
- Fully paid malpractice insurance with tail
- Exceptional retirement plans - 403b retirement savings program with both matching program and employer contributions
Presbyterian Healthcare Services is a locally owned, not-for-profit healthcare system based in Albuquerque, New Mexico. Our integrated healthcare system includes eight hospitals in seven New Mexico communities, a medical group, multi-specialty clinics and a state-wide health plan. We have been proudly providing care to New Mexicans since 1908. The Presbyterian Medical Group employs more than 900 primary care and specialty providers and we are growing.
About New Mexico
New Mexico’s unique blend of Spanish, Mexican and Native American influences contribute to a culturally rich lifestyle. Add in Albuquerque’s International Balloon Fiesta, Santa Fe’s famous art scene, Los Alamos’ nuclear scientists, Roswell’s visitors from outer space, and you get an eclectic mix of people, places and experiences that make this state great.
Located at 7,000 feet in the southern Rocky Mountains, Santa Fe is the capitol of New Mexico and is one of the greatest destination cities of the world. For the outdoor enthusiast, there is immediate access to skiing, mountain biking, hiking, river rafting, rock climbing, and other sports along with a regional airport that allows easy access and weekend getaways.
New Mexico offers endless recreational opportunities to explore and enjoy an active lifestyle. Venture off the beaten path, challenge your body in the elements or open yourself up to the expansive sky. From hiking, golfing and biking to skiing, snowboarding, and boating, it’s all available among our beautiful wonders of the west.
AA/EOE/VET/DISABLED. PHS is a drug-free and tobacco-free employer with smoke-free campuses.
Apply for Combined Emergency Department and Urgent Care Physician
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly