Academic Maternal Fetal Medicine Specialist Opportunity in Southern California
- Position Type
Loma Linda University Faculty Medical Group, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, is seeking a full-time Maternal-Fetal Medicine specialist who is passionate about practicing in a collegial, friendly, faith-based environment.
- Competitive compensation package with benefits including sign on bonus, relocation reimbursement, CME allowance, generous retirement contribution, and more.
- Level 4 NICU with 84 licensed beds and a thriving fellowship program
- World renowned pediatric cardiothoracic surgery team
- Services for a wide variety of congenital anomalies
- Abundant opportunities for clinical, translational and/or basic science research
- Approximately 30 gastroschisis per year, the highest rates in California
Loma Linda University Health (LLUH), a Seventh-day Adventist, not-for-profit institution, is committed to our mission of continuing the healing and teaching ministry of Jesus Christ. LLUH serves as the largest tertiary referral source in both Riverside and San Bernardino counties with a surrounding population over 4 million, performing nearly 3,000 deliveries annually, most of which are high risk.
We have a busy clinical service that performs obstetric ultrasound consultative services, as well as management of high risk pregnancies. The neonatal division has a thriving fellowship and consultative services, such as pediatric neurosurgery, genetics and pediatric cardiology, among others, work with the MFM division in a multidisciplinary fashion to provide outstanding, patient-care while promoting quality teaching and scientific investigation.
The opportunity for a successful research career is bolstered by the presence of the Maternal Fetal Medicine Research Laboratory, the Center of Perinatal Biology, a School of Public Health and the Perinatal Institute which can provide logistical research support, particularly to young investigators. Division members enjoy abundant opportunities for both clinical and basic science research. A strong commitment to teaching is required in order to provide outstanding instruction to medical students and residents in various clinical venues.
Loma Linda is located between Los Angeles and Palm Springs, nestled at the foot of the San Bernardino mountains. We have convenient access to metropolitan amenities, as well as beach cities, skiing, hiking and a variety of other outdoor activities. This region also has excellent private and public school systems.
Desired training and skills include:
- Completion of Maternal-Fetal Medicine Fellowship
- ABOG eligibility or certification in OB/GYN and MFM
- Expertise in high risk pregnancy management
- Expertise in obstetrical ultrasound, including NT certification
This is not a J1 Opportunity.
Apply for Academic Maternal Fetal Medicine Specialist Opportunity in Southern California
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly