Gastroenterologist Needed - Join an established, collegial GI practice
- Position Type
We are seeking a BE/BC Gastroenterologist to join an established, collegial GI practice in Fredericksburg, VA. Assume care of a retiring partner's large panel of patients, and be busy from day one! This is an excellent opportunity to join a single specialty private practice that has been providing the community with compassionate care for almost 30 years. The practice has its own endoscopy center with anesthesiologist, pathology program, and nurse practitioners. On call 1:6. Two hospitals with up-to-date equipment and round-the-clock hospitalists. ERCP preferred, EUS optional. Offering salary, benefits, health and dental insurance, malpractice insurance, CME, vacation. One year to partnership. Join the practice that was named the Best Gastroenterologist in town in a recent readers' poll. This is a great opportunity for work-life balance. Live in a fantastic area for you and your family to enjoy - lakes, rivers and nearby mountains; a university town, rich in history and a one hour drive from Washington, D.C. and Richmond, VA; an array of restaurants and good shopping; safe neighborhoods, strong schools and Virginia universities; a great place to raise a family.
Fredericksburg is conveniently located one hour south of Washington, D.C. and one hour north of Richmond, VA, in one of the most rapidly growing areas of the country. As the place of George Washington's boyhood home and the location of five civil war era battles, US history abounds. Residents are offered a wide range of choices in where to shop and dine, as well as abundant recreational and cultural opportunities, including performing arts at the University of Mary Washington and Riverside Theater, the area Children's museum, a myriad of downtown galleries, and the studio of American impressionist Gari Melchers. The area hosts festivals and events annually, including farmers markets, First Fridays, and the Marine Corps half Marathon. Affordable housing includes sprawling farmland, family-friendly gated communities, and downtown modern apartments. The options for outdoor adventure are endless, with year-round hiking, golf, fishing, and water sports on the Rappahannock River and nearby Lake Anna, with just a two hour drive to Virginia's beaches or the mountains. Come discover why what has been hailed as "the perfect getaway city in Virginia" is also the perfect place to call home!
Spotsylvania Regional Medical Center is a 133-bed, all-private, medical/surgical hospital located in Fredericksburg, Virginia. Since our opening in June of 2010, the facility has been dedicated to serving and improving the health of our community, offering:
- 24-hour emergency department care
- Advanced technology operating rooms
- Obstetrics maternity care, including lactation services, childbirth education classes, & perinatology services
- Neonatal newborn care, including a Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU)
- Radiology imaging services including X-ray, ultrasound, mammography, CT, MRI, interventional radiology, & nuclear medicine
- Physical therapy, Occupational therapy, & Speech therapy for children and adults
- Intensive Care Unit & step-down Progressive Care Unit
- Cardiac care including cardiac catheterization, EKG, coronary interventions & electrophysiology studies with pacemaker and defibrillator implants
- Inpatient Psychiatric behavioral health services
- A state-of-the-art Cancer center including radiation therapy, infusion services, and stereotactic radiosurgery
- Surgical services including: orthopedics, spine, bariatric, ENT, urology, oncology, vascular, gynecological, and plastic surgery.
SRMC, an HCA Virginia facility, is an Accredited Chest Pain Center with the Society of Cardiovascular Patient Care, a designated Center of Excellence for Minimally Invasive Gynecology (COEMIG), and is certified by the National Institute for Care of Hospitalized Elderly (NICHE). SRMC has been recognized by The Joint Commission as a Top Performer on Key Quality Measures.
Contact Allison Costantino, Physician Recruiter at: 804-237-7774 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Apply for Gastroenterologist Needed - Join an established, collegial GI practice
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly