Physician - Emergency Medicine Opportunity Sunny Southeast, Major Metro Area
- Position Type
EM Physician Needed in Forbes Top 10 Smartest City!
Emergency Medicine Physicians Needed in Thriving Southeast Metro! Ranked 7th Best City to Live in America by U.S. News!
Huntsville Hospital seeks Emergency Medicine Physicians to join our current staff of 40+ Physicians. We are a progressive 75+ bed Emergency Department and staff three emergency departments. The Main Emergency Department is a Level I Trauma Center, Stroke Center and Cardiac center with a beautiful physical plant, fantastic resources and subspecialty backup that sees ~75,000 patient visits per year. It has a 16 bed Observation Unit, a ~35% admission rate, and a separate OB ED that is staffed by our OBHospitalist Team.
The Pediatric ED, at the stand alone Women and Children's hospital, has 16 beds and 2 rapid assessment rooms and sees ~36,000 patients per year with a ~10% admission rate.
The Madison Hospital, which is approximately 6 years old, is fourteen miles away and has a nice 26-bed ED which sees ~50,000 patients per year with a ~11% admission rate.
Our physicians work an average of 14-15 Nine hour shifts per month to allow for an excellent work/life balance.
Teaching opportunities with 3rd/4th year medical students from UAB and Family Medicine and Internal Medicine Residents at UAB-Huntsville rotate through our ED. Huntsville Hospital is a Level I Trauma Center and the Regional Referral Center for North Alabama and Southern Tennessee. Huntsville Hospital is Alabama's Only Top 50 Heart Hospital by Truven Health Analytics and one of America's 50 Best Cardiac Surgery Programs by HealthGrades.
Huntsville is situated in the fastest growing major metropolitan area in Alabama,and with the highest per capita income in the southeast, Huntsville is the best place to live, learn and work. We are a community on the move,rich with values and traditions while progressing with new ideas,exciting technologies and creative talents. Our community's unique characteristics are a worldwide attraction and will certainly provide a place for you and your family to flourish. With a population of 385K in the metro area, we are a high-tech, family oriented, multi cultural community with excellent schools, dining and entertainment. Huntsville is nestled at the foothills of the Appalachian Mountains with an abundance of activities to do inside or out.
- Public schools boast more national merit scholars per capita than any other in the country
- Technology, space and defense industry play a major role in Huntsville
- Huntsville/Madison County boasts more Doctorate degrees per capita than any other in the nation
- Robert Trent Jones Golf Trail, Broadway Theater League, Huntsville Symphony Orchestra, US Space & Rocket Center, Huntsville Botanical Garden, Hsv Museum of Art, Constitution Hall Village, Early Works Children's Museum, Monte Sano State Park and Bridgestreet Town center are just some of the main attractions!
- The City of Huntsville received Standard & Poor's highest possible AAA bond rating for strength of the local economy.
- Huntsville named one of the Top 10 Smartest Cities in the World by Forbes.
- Huntsville named one of the Top 50 Best Places to Raise Children in the U.S. by Business Week.
- Huntsville Ranked 7th Best City to Live Nationwide by U.S. News
Apply for Physician - Emergency Medicine Opportunity Sunny Southeast, Major Metro Area
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly