Occupational Health Physician
- Position Type
Mount Sinai Doctors Downtown is looking to recruit a Medical Director for the Business Health Program.
Candidates will play an instrumental role in ensuring excellent patient care, quality outcomes, and satisfaction. In addition, we would like our talented physician candidates to have a passion for Occupational Medicine and be fully committed to mission of Mount Sinai Health System. The ideal candidate will be boarded in Occupational Medicine. This is a clinical position and will be responsible for seeing patients as well as helping to run the program.
Business Health Physician job Duties:
- Provide medical care to Business Health clients at the occupational medicine office and on–campus student health centers.
- Occupational Medicine consultations, independent medical evaluations under WC (IMEs) and review of medical consults done by specialty physicians
- Certified to perform Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) exams
- Medical Review Officer certification.
- Available to provide expert testimony on consultations/evaluations
- Conduct impairment evaluations and blood borne pathogen exposure evaluations
- Assess fitness for full duty/limited duty when performing all injury evaluations
- Supervise daily Business Health clinic activities on site and student health sites
- Direct, train and monitor performance of all Business Health clinicians.
- Development/update of student health/occupational medicine clinical protocols.
- Consult on Bioterrorism/pandemic influenza preparedness /communicable disease exposures.
- Development of a network for specialty referrals (including for WC/WCB certified).
- Education and training of Attendings on occupational medicine /regulatory procedures.
- Attend meetings coordinated by the Business Health clients
- Must be board certified in occupational medicine or internal medicine
- If not board certified in Occ Med, 10 years of occupational medicine experience required
About Mount Sinai:
The Mount Sinai Health System is New York City’s largest integrated delivery system encompassing seven hospital campuses, a leading medical school, and a vast network of ambulatory practices throughout the greater New York region. Mount Sinai’s vision is to produce the safest care, the highest quality, the highest satisfaction, the best access and the best value of any health system in the nation.
The System includes approximately 7,100 primary and specialty care physicians; 10 joint-venture ambulatory surgery centers; more than 140 ambulatory practices throughout the five boroughs of New York City, Westchester, Long Island, and Florida; and 31 affiliated community health centers. Physicians are affiliated with the renowned Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, which is ranked among the highest in the nation in National Institutes of Health funding per investigator. The Mount Sinai Hospital is ranked as one of the nation’s top 20 hospitals in Cardiology/Heart Surgery, Diabetes/Endocrinology, Gastroenterology/GI Surgery, Geriatrics, Nephrology, and Neurology/Neurosurgery, and is in the top 50 in four other specialties in the 2017-2018 “Best Hospitals” issue of U.S. News & World Report. Mount Sinai’s Kravis Children’s Hospital also is ranked in seven out of ten pediatric specialties by U.S. News & World Report. The New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai is ranked 12th nationally for Ophthalmology, while Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai St. Luke’s and Mount Sinai West are ranked regionally.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.
Apply for Occupational Health Physician
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly