- Position Type
Essentia Health, headquartered in Duluth, Minnesota, is a level 3 Accountable Care Organization and integrated health system serving patients in Minnesota, Wisconsin, North Dakota and Idaho. Essentia began fully integrating operations across 3 regions in the summer of 2010, bringing together the resources of its member organizations - SMDC Health System, Innovis Health, Brainerd Lakes Health and the Essentia Institute of Rural Health. Essentia Health combines the strengths and talents of 11,500 employees, including 1,500 physicians and credentialed practitioners, whose mission it is to make a healthy difference in the lives of those we serve. Essentia Health’s vision is by 2018, to be a national leader in providing high quality, cost effective, integrated health care service. The organization is guided by the values of quality, hospitality, respect, justice, stewardship and teamwork in 17 hospitals, 64 clinics and six long-term care facilities.
The Duluth area offers four seasons of recreation, nationally ranked schools, breathtaking lakeside scenery and all the amenities of a major metropolitan area. Stretching nearly 30 miles along Lake Superior’s rugged shoreline and the scenic St. Louis River, Duluth is the third largest city in Minnesota, being a short 2 hour drive to the metropolitan cities of Minneapolis and St. Paul. Money magazine recently ranked Duluth as the fourth best small city in America. Sailing, skiing, fishing, kayaking and miles of hiking, biking and ski trails located right out your back door. There are four universities and colleges and NCAA Division I hockey located in the Duluth area. Minnesota students have the highest composite ACT scores in the nation and this is the ninth year in a row Duluth students outperformed national and state averages. Visit www.visitduluth.com for more information about the community. EOE/AA
Essentia Health St. Mary’s Heart & Vascular Center in Duluth, MN is searching for a well-trained Cardiothoracic Surgeon who has a passion for both cardiac and thoracic surgery. The Essentia Health St. Mary’s Heart & Vascular Center is part of Essentia Health, an integrated healthcare system that provides tertiary care for a large geographic region. The Heart & Vascular Medical Staff consists of 24 physicians representing numerous cardiovascular specialties including Cardiothoracic Surgery, Thoracic Surgery, Vascular Surgery, Electrophysiology, Coronary Intervention, Peripheral Vascular Intervention, Structural Heart, Cardiovascular Imaging, General Cardiology, Heart Failure and Vascular Medicine. The cardiovascular division is a growing program, focusing on high quality work in a team-based environment. The CT Surgeons work collaboratively with and will be supported by experienced and highly skilled surgical, cardiology, cardiac anesthesia, vascular surgical, advanced practice clinician, perfusion, medical critical care, hospitalist and nursing teams. This opportunity is a full-time, employed position.
- Completion of Cardiothoracic Surgery Fellowship. Surgeon’s skill set will include complex valve repair and replacement, aortic procedures including complex aneurysms and dissections, coronary artery bypass grafting, and a wide variety of general thoracic procedures. Experience with minimally invasive cardiac and/or robotic thoracic operations is desired.
- Board certified or board eligible by the American Board of Thoracic Surgery (ABTS)
- Eligible for unrestricted medical licensure in the State of Minnesota
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate and communicate effectively within an inter-disciplinary team and with referring physicians to provide high quality patient care
- Oriented toward providing evidence-based, patient-centered care.
- Passionate about quality, process improvement, programmatic development and team building
- Possess outstanding verbal and written communication skills. Proven ability to create a positive and productive environment that promotes collegiality and innovation in all settings
- Willing to teach and mentor.
Essentia Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, sexual identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran Status.
Apply for Cardiothoracic Surgery
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly