Senior Faculty Physician, Geriatrics
- Position Type
SENIOR FACULTY PHYSICIAN, GERIATRICS
HACKENSACK UNIVERSITY MEDICAL CENTER
Hackensack, New Jersey
The Department of Internal Medicine at Hackensack University Medical Center is seeking a Senior Faculty Physician, Geriatrics to join the division.
The experienced and senior faculty role will involve the potential to direct the proposed Dementia Center slated to open in 2019. This position is available to a senior faculty member with leadership ability to grow this program locally and elsewhere within our network, to include clinical, educational and research initiatives. In addition, other leadership roles are available in post-acute care, acute care and ambulatory geriatrics as well as in the training and educational programs as they rapidly expand in our growing center.
The Department of Internal Medicine at HackensackUMC has been led by Dr. Laurie Jacobs, who also serves as the Chair for the Department of Internal Medicine at the Hackensack Meridian School of Medicine at Seton Hall.
The Division of Geriatrics has extremely high visibility and activity at the HackensackUMC campus which has been enhanced by the arrival of several prominent geriatricians – Dr. Jacobs, Chair of Medicine, Dr. Hannah Lipman, Director of Bioethics and the appointment of Manisha Parulekar as Division Chief.
The Geriatrics Clinical Programs include The Center for Senior Living, Acute Care Geriatrics Services, Hospice Services, Home Care, Subacute Service, and in 2019 – The Dementia Center.
The Geriatrics Training and Educational Programs include Geriatrics Fellowship Program, Residency Education in Geriatrics and Medical and other students in Geriatrics.
The successful candidate will possess the following professional qualifications:
- Graduation from an approved medical school, residency training in either internal medicine or family medicine, and ability to obtain professional licensure in the State of New Jersey.
- Board Certification in Internal Medicine with a Certificate of Added Qualification in Geriatric Medicine
- Academic accomplishments that would merit appointment in the School of Medicine.
- Excellent clinical skills.
- Excellent teaching skills.
- Demonstrated administrative and leadership skills (for senior positions)
- Proven ability to bridge collaborative efforts across departments and institutions.
- Successful experience in mentoring.
Apply for Senior Faculty Physician, Geriatrics
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly