Physician - Cardiothoracic Surgery
- Position Type
The Guthrie Clinic offers a full spectrum of outpatient and inpatient cardiovascular tests and treatments with diagnostic and interventional cardiac catheterization, cardiac surgery, including TAVR, electrophysiology, PVI ablations, ICD and CRT-D implantation, non-invasive testing services, cardiac rehabilitation, an arrhythmia center with left atrial appendage occlusion (Watchman) and advanced cardiac imaging.
At Guthrie, our cardiothoracic surgeons practice at the top of their skill sets and are integral to a team of physicians and advanced practitioners, including non-invasive and interventional cardiologists, cardiothoracic surgeons, interventional radiologists, vascular surgeons and cardiac anesthesiologists, all of whom deliver high quality, integrated, advanced clinical care to patients under the aegis of the Heart and Vascular Center.
Primary care physicians in Guthrie's 32 regional locations and community based physicians enjoy a collegial relationship with our cardiologists, providing patients with streamlined access to advanced specialty care.
Why consider this opportunity?
- Opportunity to grow minimally invasive valve surgery program
- Thriving Heart Valve Clinic and TAVR program
- 13 operating suites and the region's only state-of-the-art hybrid operating room
- Cardiovascular Fellowship program entering its tenth year of advanced training
- Teaching opportunities available
- Accredited Chest Pain Center with PCI
- Truven Top 50 Cardiovascular Program for 10 years - only 9 hospitals in the United States have been honored more
- Our team includes 14 Cardiologists, 9 Advanced Practitioners, 2 Cardiothoracic Surgeons
- Level 3 NCQA Accredited Patient Centered Homes
- Robust clinical research program
- Guthrie is a regional leader in Northern Pennsylvania and the Finger Lakes area of New York
- Experience preferred but will consider newly practicing physicians
Guthrie Clinic, founded in 1910, is a non-profit, integrated, multi-specialty group practice that provides comprehensive, team-based care to more than one million people in the Twin Tiers region of northern Pennsylvania and southern New York. Guthrie is a member of the Mayo Clinic Care Network and is comprised of four hospitals, 500 physicians and advanced practice providers in a regional office network made up of 45 sub-specialty and primary care sites in 21 communities throughout our service area. In addition, we offer a wide range of services and programs, including home health and home care services, graduate medical education and a research institute.
Guthrie physicians are leaders in the communities in which they live and work. They exhibit key competencies of quality and excellence within a collaborative environment and are committed to making a positive impact in the lives of the patients they serve. Physicians who choose Guthrie are service oriented and demonstrate the values of trust, respect and integrity.
Guthrie's (main) Sayre campus is situated in a lush valley at the confluence of the Susquehanna and Chemung Rivers in north-central Pennsylvania. Located just a few miles from the New York border, the Sayre area is proximate to the major cities of the northeast: Philadelphia, New York City, Buffalo, Rochester and Niagara Falls and is 30 miles south of the Finger Lake region on New York State.Community Overview:
Guthrie's main campus in Sayre is situated in a lush valley at the confluence of the Susquehanna and Chemung Rivers in north-central Pennsylvania.
Located just a few miles from the New York border, the Sayre area is proximate to the major cities of the northeast: Philadelphia, New York City, Buffalo, Rochester and Niagara Falls--all within 3-1/2 hours.
The area is renowned for its maple products (syrup, sugar, candy) wine, dairy, apple and corn production.
30 miles south of the Finger Lake Region of New York State: Lakes, waterfalls, wineries and amazing 4-season recreation--1 hour from Grand Canyon of Pennsylvania.
Easy driving distance to most major cities in the Northeast.
Excellent schools and affordable housing; low cost-of-living. Safe, family-friendly community.
Choice to live and/or play in several different communities:
- The Valley: Sayre and Athens, PA and Waverly, NY
- Elmira, NY (20 minutes from main campus)
- Corning, NY (40 minutes from main campus): international headquarters to Corning, Inc.
- Vestal/Binghamton, NY (30 minutes from main campus)
- Ithaca, NY (35 minutes north of main campus); home to Cornell University
Three regional airports within 40 minutes (of main campus in Sayre) with easy connections to New York City, Washington DC, Boston, Detroit, Pittsburgh, Philadelphia, and Orlando. In addition, two international airports are approximately 2 hours away.
- Elmira/Corning Regional Airport
- Binghamton Regional Airport
- Ithaca/Tompkins Regional Airport
- Greater Rochester International Airport
- Albany International Airport
Krisi VanTasselSend CV (570)887-5203 (607)426-8088 QUICK APPLY
Apply for Physician - Cardiothoracic Surgery
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly