- Position Type
Geriatrician – Summa Health - Akron, Ohio
Summa Health is seeking board certified/board eligible Geriatrician to join our employed physician group, Summa Health Medical Group.
The selected candidate will become a member of Summa Health Medical Group, a multi-specialty group practice of 350+ physicians employed by the Summa Health System.
Summa Health – headquartered in Akron, Ohio – is one of the largest integrated Healthcare Delivery Systems in the state. With 2 hospitals and 20+ health centers, Summa Health provides access to care throughout the region.
- Board Certified/Board Eligible in Geriatric Medicine
- Unrestricted Ohio License or willingness to obtain
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Commitment to quality care in a patient centered, team-based environment
- Ability to work in a multidisciplinary capacity
- Preferable, though not required, experience in Long Term Care and Skilled Nursing Facility
- Employed position with comprehensive benefit package
- Competitive compensation with salary guarantee
- Summa’s Center for Senior Health is nationally-acclaimed for its model of care for seniors, offering an integrated approach that enhances quality of care and access to services.
- As a Summa Health geriatrician you will collaborate with geriatric nurse practitioners at every site of care
- Monday through Friday schedule; 1:8 weekend call rotation
- Active involvement in medical student, resident and fellow education
- Summa Health offers an academic model of care in a community teaching hospital environment
- Epic System’s EMR
- Rising from the rolling hills of the Western Reserve along the Ohio & Erie Canal, Akron is a vital heartland city at the center of multiple major transportation routes and only 40 minutes from Cleveland. Akron is surrounded by lush greenery and adjacent to Cuyahoga Valley National Park. In 2015, Forbes Magazine named Akron, Ohio as one of America’s 20 most affordable cities. The downtown hosts a vibrant arts scene and world class shopping. Northeast Ohio offers many quality primary and secondary education options.
EOE/AA Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled.
Summa Health is a tobacco-free workplace and has a nicotine-free hiring policy.
Apply for Geriatrician
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly